October 27, 2011

JFK Funeral Mass Footage and Commentary

Gentle Reader: My friend, Mitchell Hadley, Roman Catholic and Cultural Archeologist, who is a Managing Editor and blogger at Our Word and Welcome to It! has another blog called It's About TV

On It's About TV , Mitchell has footage of President John F Kennedy's funeral Mass in November of 1963 as it aired on CBS, as well as his own observations and commentary of this important cultural and Catholic moment.

Mitchell has been working hard on this piece for a while now. I think he first mentioned it to me last Advent. Show him some love; read it and link to it! Here

2 Comments:

Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

JFK was assinated the day before my 6th birthday, and in some ways I'm still PO'd at him because my parents cancelled the only kid's birthday party specifically for me. (My birthday, occurring so close to Thanksgiving, was usually celebrated as an addition to the Thanksgiving meal, and my friends/classmates were never included).
BTW: William R Titterton (Candle of the Stars), Aldous Huxley, C. S. Lewis also died 11/22/1963; bet they're peeved, too.

October 28, 2011 9:41 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

I was only 3 years old at teh time, but i still remember seeing it on TV because our Mom said that we need to remember it. The kennedy children,especially that cute little boy in the coat, John-john, stand out the most in my mind.

November 02, 2011 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page