September 06, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation



How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Miss Catherine Alexandria
1st Hour, Mr. Ratzinger's class


I was happy not to blog this summer. I spent a lot of time in my yard creating new garden beds, digging sod out, making many trips to the compost site, moving 10 pound edging stones into place. I realized that being on the backside of 40 means that I hurt all over after every stint in the yard for at least 2 days after. I'm not where I want to be with this yard project but I've made a goal to finish to a certain point before the snow flies (around here that could be next week) and I'm confident I'll make that goal-in spite of Swissy refusing the water I have to offer and not being dumb enough to show up and help!

I did not go to the State Fair this year and I'm having a major cheese curd withdrawal that will make the winter really LOOONNGG.

Watched NASCAR on TV - will not get to a race this season. Watched the Twins on TV because I don't think even the fabulouslessness of Target Field can make them look good this year.

I took care of my Dad this summer. He was in the hospital twice. The 2nd time he had a minor stroke. He is recovering but will never be back to full strength. It's all about accepting where you are now and the little victories.

I'm changing jobs AGAIN! Yes. But, this time with a minimum of theatrical dramatics because Terry couldn't talk me into anything. I'm staying at the same company but moving to a different role and department. I start the new gig next week. I hope I miraculously get a life but I've discovered that no job can give you that - you have to get it yourself.

I miss Angela and I'm worried about her and praying for her.

I'm still trying to finish Team of Rivals It's a great book but I'm still searching for extra time to read.

I'd spend more time at the beach but after I scared all the kids away last time I couldn't bare to go back.

I gave LarryD more sidebar material. Honestly, I should get a share of any Crescat award he gets this year. If he wins the free trip to Rome I want the 2nd seat; he can stay home, I'll go with his wife.

I'm now, officially, a Chant Schola Groupie. Did you even know there is such a thing? A chant schola or a groupie for it? heh. Yes, I'm with the schola - nobis quoque peccatoribus. I know I'm the groupie because Ray is dropping his laundry off at my house.

I'm happy I sat out the revelations about Fr. Corapi. I watched from the sidelines as it unfolded. I was glad to do so. Because I was on hiatus, I felt no urge to rush a judgemental post. I'm sad that many of the allegations appear to be true and, honestly, I don't know where Fr. Corapi's head is at - only He and Fr can speak to that. I'm even sadder that many Catholic bloggers immediately piled on and tried to pull him down. Apparently, it is a major shock to many that God calls sinners, not the righteous. Maybe's it's true that Catholics really don't read the Bible? Bible or not, it seems that the Virtue of Charity flew straight out the window and never came back. This is the not first time in the Catholic blogosphere we've seen a brother or sister fall down, is it? Where are they now? Regardless of what Fr. Corapi did or did not do, it does not change the fact that he had moments of deep inspiration from the Holy Spirit and positively impacted many lives - including mine - pray for him. If he makes it back, welcome him and forgive him.




Terry, LarryD and Tom in Vegas listening to me read my paper. Class dismissed!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Welcome back!

September 06, 2011 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine,

I made a trip to the fair and I probably ate enough for the both of us. Glad you are back!

Your librarian friend,

Katie

September 06, 2011 3:54 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

You're such a brown nose.

If I win any Crescat award, I'll give you props. And I'll ask Terry to drop off some bacon.

September 06, 2011 5:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Hi Bede!

Thanks, Kate. Did you have cheese curds?

LarryD: Terry drop something off?!? For free?!?

September 06, 2011 8:11 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I was out this weekend. Now that you're back, I think I'll quit.

Happy new job - wishing you great success.

September 06, 2011 9:13 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Congrats on the new job!

September 07, 2011 11:31 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks Nan! Ter: You can't quit, I get all my best material mocking you! Love, Cath

September 07, 2011 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page