September 21, 2011

Bring It!

It's time for The Crescat's Cannonball Catholic Anti-Blog Awards - not to be confused with the "Anti-Catholic Awards" sponsored by Bob Jones University and the National Catholic Reporter

This blog is nominated in two categories:
1) Snarkiest Catholic Blog
2) Best Blog that Needs to Be Updated More Often

There are a lot of really good blogs on the nominee list. Deep curtsy to The Crescat for hosting this award show again. Thank goodness we don't have to sit thru "This is Your Life" with Fr. Richsteig again this year! The pyrotechnic show was cool, and Father's Cartman impression is always hilarious, but the surprise appearance by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "Lord of the Dance" should have had a disclaimer announcement "May cause excessive gastric reflux. Take your Nexium!"

4 Comments:

Blogger LarryD said...

You've got some ground to cover in catching up to me in Snarkiest Blog, Cath. I think I have a 70 vote lead right now. So hah! Hah, I say!

Even if you were to send me a couple hundred pounds of bacon - thick cut, maple flavored - I doubt I could do enough to try and throw the voting. Still, if might not hurt to send the bacon anyways...

September 21, 2011 12:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

LarryD: I'll send you some veggie microwave bacon because that's the only kind of "bacon" I'd ever give away!

If Crez would offer as a prize a year's supply of quality bacon my campaign war machine would be unstoppable - as she has not, well, I'm actually letting the votes play as they may!

September 21, 2011 7:41 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

A year supply? I think you'd see a lot of the bloggers start to employ heavy-handed means in their quest for the bacon. Why, even Terry might be tempted to partake in the fun!

September 21, 2011 7:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Terry would be covert about it. He'd act like he didn't care and pretend to be above it all but behind the scenes he'd be calling his people! What am I saying? He's doing that now!

September 21, 2011 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page