May 05, 2011

To Offend



I woke up this morning and this photo was in my email. Just the photo. No message. It was from someone whose email address I don't recognize. Somehow it got thru my spam filter.

What is the point of this photo? Several possibilities came to mind

A) Someone is proud of being a fan of "The Birdcage"
B) Breakfast at Ray's!
C) Creative brainstorming session for LarryD's 2011 Christmas card
D) Reminder that Pentecost is only a few weeks away

A while ago, I posted a photo of a man without a shirt and a commenter got on my case saying it was inappropriate for a, supposedly, Catholic blog to post such a thing. Honestly, most men without shirts offend me because most of them SHOULD be wearing a shirt, you dig? For God's sake PLEASE wear a shirt. I'm afraid to walk around Lake Harriet anymore. My sensibilities are not offended by nudity but, rather, if you are going to be nude you better look like David.

This public service announcement has been funded by the Cover That Sh-t Up Foundation

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary Christine said...

I wish we could go back to the bathing suits of a former time... especially for me!

May 05, 2011 7:58 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas!

And I always wear a shirt while I blog. But truth be known, I am naked under my shirt.

May 05, 2011 8:13 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

LOL! Breakfast at Ray's. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. That is the best Cath! The best. You're back baby!

So anyway - who would send it and why? Seriously it is one of my favorite movies - Hank Azaria should have gotten best supporting actor for the role.

This scene is about telling Albert his partner's son is getting married - to a woman. So what does that have to do with anything? I'm plussing?

Maybe I should write an attack post on it - I'm kinda on a role with that stuff.

May 05, 2011 9:31 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, I always wear a shirt, even in the shower. It saves tremendously on laundry costs.

And if you're coming over for breakfast, be prepared that it might be a bowl of soup (and I only own one bowl unless you want to eat out of my salad bowl or the sauce pan) or perhaps leftovers. And when I eat, there aren't too many leftovers.

May 05, 2011 9:37 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

LOL! You are Krammer - remember the shower episode in Seinfeld?

May 05, 2011 10:23 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Y'all crack me up!!

May 07, 2011 10:07 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cathy, I'm praying for you and your dad, who, I understand, has been in hospital since Friday.

And Happy Birthday! May God bless you always. I'll offer my Mass for you today.

May 08, 2011 7:25 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Men's swimwear had reached to the neck (!) by 2008 when the Olympic swimming contests began, yet FINA told guys (but not gals) to take off the shirts by 2010 because they had become aerodynamic aids in swimming. Bad call, double standard.

May 09, 2011 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page