May 15, 2011

A New Week; A New Start

One of the glories of being alive is you can always start over; you can always start fresh. Last week was tough; my Dad was hospitalized (he’s out now) and I was in a car accident last Sunday on my way to Mass (I made it to Mass and no one was hurt but my car door had to be replaced)

If you screw up, you can start again. If you fail in your efforts to quit smoking or drinking, you can always start again by forgiving yourself and moving on. Sin is the same way, you can sin and though Confession, repent, receive absolution and start anew with the resolve to amend you life the second you walk out of the Confessional.

Catholicism lends itself to starting over. It isn’t a Faith that is intuitive for wallowing. You can wallow and many do, but if you seek a fresh start, the Catholic Church excels at offering it!

5 Comments:

Blogger nazareth priest said...

Prayers, dear Miss Cathy!

You're awfully sanguine about your ordeals...better than I (who would be swearing like a sailor, I'm afraid!)

God bless you!!

May 15, 2011 11:00 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

I'm glad you were OK, but I'm sorry about the accident. How is Dad? You're both in my prayers! Please pray for me, that I don't lose my mind, crazy insanity abounds here.
But God is good.

This Saturday might be the end of the world, anyway. I'm going to a nephew's wedding in N.O., La, on that day...it would be nice if Jesus made it to the wedding before beaming us all up, scotty. :-P but hey, what if it's true!??? I better go to confession and daily Mass while I'm there!

May 16, 2011 9:46 AM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Once again, you seem to have said what I need to hear.

Nazareth priest--sailors are pikers when it comes to swearing--I one heard a Paratrooper Sergeant say well f*** the f*****g F*****s F****r F*****g well F****d. Keep practicing!

May 16, 2011 7:34 PM  
Blogger 3puddytats said...

My week seemed to be starting where the last one left off..so I took a walk around the block to clear my head during lunch...picked a stem of wonderful smelling purple lilacs and a few little bleeding hearts to put on my desk..the scent is heavenly...I just CAN't be stressed with the fragrance of lilacs..

My mom is hanging in there God Bless her but is slowing down...like the dear padre hard to admit she's getting old..

Sara

May 16, 2011 9:47 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Rehab is a wonderful thing if it works for you.

May 16, 2011 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page