May 24, 2011

Denied The Rapture

I want to set the record straight. I could've been Raptured a few days ago. I saw THE light! But, I was ashamed of what I was wearing. Good grief, you want me to go before the Lord wearing this off-the-rack rag?! Wait, let me get my semi-formal from Saks on! Then, I heard a voice saying I would be Raptured naked and that made me panic even more. Dude, at least let me get in some gym time!

It is true that you will not know the hour...buy that outfit! Hire that personal trainer!

But, seriously, in all the lame jokes (including mine) what if you did die today? Forget about what you are wearing. What does your soul look like? Got mortal sin? Get thee to a Confessional. Don't wait. Don't EVER wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

excellent point my friend!

well said :)

May 24, 2011 8:40 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

I was thinking like you - I wanna wear my best outfit when I meet my maker but then last week I was walking along Rodeo Drive and I strongly suspect that our Lord wouldn't be too happy with the "Gold standard" in clothing options.

Now, I've decided I'm gonna wear my worst outfit, one that's dirty so it looks as though I've been doing the things I'm supposed to be doing.

Better to settle for sackcloth and ashes now.

Sometimes I focus my life upon the wrong things.....

I'll see you at confession.

May 25, 2011 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page