April 13, 2011

Why I Love Jesus Meme

Redneck tagged me for this meme. I think Redneck is twisted. This is the toughest meme I’ve ever been asked to do! Also, I can’t beat Redneck’s responses! I’ve been set up for failure! Waaaahhh

* Share five things you love about Jesus/or why you love Jesus.
* Tag five other bloggers.
* Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here so others can read them.

Only one thing that I love about Jesus popped immediately into my head and stayed there. When that happens, I usually go with it, figuring it’s my Angel or that I’ve not had enough coffee this morning!

1)No matter how many times I screw up, Jesus will forgive me when I go to him and apologize (read: confess and repent and resolve to never do it again!)
I, honestly, wish I could follow Jesus’ example and admonishment to Peter in Matthew 18. When Peter kept asking how many times we must forgive our brother who has wronged us and Jesus gave his staggering response, I would’ve said “Ha, Lord, are you for real?l! Gosh, belief in that you are The Christ and the Son of God is easier than this!” and tried to negotiate Him down. Hey, if Moses was able to save his people from God’s wrath, negotiation is possible, right?

Thanks Be to God I never led any people out of the desert, I can’t even lead myself out. God would say “Negotiate this!” as he threw a lightning bolt into my a--.

I tag: Adoro, Ray, Terry, Angela, LarryD

12 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

"threw a lightening bolt into my..." LOL!!!!

I will do this later today, just about to leave for work.

Hugs to you!

April 13, 2011 10:56 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I'll ponder this at adoration this afternoon.

April 13, 2011 11:50 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angel Baby: Hugs back!

Ter: Wait, I was supposed to pray on this? No wonder Redneck's responses were better than mine!

April 13, 2011 12:25 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I seem to be unable to get away from this meme, as I was tagged by another blogger last week. It must be Christ's say of telling me "Hey! So why do you love Me anyway?"

I'll have my answers later.

p.s. having trouble counting to 5? How much gin have you been drinking? lol :-)

April 13, 2011 3:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

LarryD(ude): Hey, can't you give me credit for identifying the 5 bloggers that DO actually read my blog?!?

April 13, 2011 3:55 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Cathy--You get thumbs up!

April 13, 2011 5:07 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Who sez I read your blog?

You would have to tag me with something like this just after I got back to town, wouldn't ya?


Do grammar, punctuation and absence of heresy count in the judging?

Is there a prize? Can I eat it or drink it before the end of Lent?

April 13, 2011 5:45 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

C'mon Down! Stella Borealis has my "I Love Jesus" meme. Check it out.

http://northlandcatholic.blogspot.com/2011/04/why-i-love-jesus-meme.html

April 13, 2011 9:22 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Here's my list:

Why I Love Jesus

100% snark free!

April 14, 2011 7:22 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

I like your answer, Cathy. His mercy endures forever!

Even though I dont' have a blog, I would add my two cents to your eloquent answer, that I love Jesus:

Because He is God.

Because He died for me.

Because He wants to be united with me to the crazy extent that He gives me His very body and blood in the Holy Eucharist.

Because He gave me His Mother to be my mother also.

Because He is the perfect Man.

April 15, 2011 1:04 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Gette! I still miss your blog.

April 16, 2011 9:51 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

It was so "fail" compared to yours and all the good ones out there, but thank you, Cathy :)

Have a wonderful Holy Week!

April 17, 2011 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page