April 11, 2011

When in Rome....

There is an “invite”, (Well, I’m not sure it is an invite so much as I dare you to meet the criteria and attend), to a Rome blognic going around. It will reportedly take place in Rome after the Beautification of Pope John Paul II. The invitation is open to all but you have to APPLY? And send a link to your blog and space is LIMITED? Entrance passes??? Where is this thing taking place, the Holy Father’s private apartment?

I’m sorry, but WT-?

If I were in Rome, I’d do what in comparison would seem like a “flash mob” blognic. I’ll be here. Show up. Come ready to eat, drink, chat and be merry. No credentials needed. Leave your pomposity at the airport.

8 Comments:

Blogger LarryD said...

If you're hosting a blognic, I'll bring the gin.

April 11, 2011 10:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

You can get Bombay Sapphire Gin thru customs?

April 11, 2011 10:51 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Oh that's right - you're in Minnesota. Customs is tough up your way.

Well, I'll just bring Shirley Temple mix, and we can pretend it's alcohol, 'k?

April 11, 2011 12:10 PM  
Blogger Owen said...

I love not following the general Catholic blogosphere anymore.

April 11, 2011 1:35 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

You're not sending embossed invites to this?

April 11, 2011 5:05 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

The whole affair sounds deadly dull! And I'm with Owen - I've deleted most of my "Catholic" blogs from my reader. I kept the good ones like you and Terry... ;-)

April 12, 2011 10:27 AM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

:) blognics sound stupid

April 13, 2011 9:13 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I've deleted most of my "Catholic" blogs from my reader. I kept the good ones like you and Terry... ;-)

My name is conspicuously absent from your comment...

April 14, 2011 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page