April 17, 2011

What It's All About

Gentle Reader: My readers, all 5 of you!, know that I’ve struggled this Lent. I feel disengaged. I don’t feel like Lent is anything special. I’ve not done much “extra”.

It occurs to me to wonder if my job is my cross. I prayed for a job I like. I got it but now I’m working too much. Work is taking over my life. It’s true that we can live with Christ even while we work (and we should) but I feel like I’m cramming Him in like I’m scheduling a meeting or a project. I don’t feel right.

This week I’m going to end Lent on a high note! I’m taking a blog, Plurk, Twitter, Facebook hiatus until Easter. I need to remove the distractions and focus on Him. As is my custom, since my reversion, I took vacation time during the Triduum so I have those 3 days and Easter to focus on Him. I’m really looking forward to the time off and the focus on the Lord.

One last thing before I sign off for a week, if you are going to attend one of those Seder/Mass thingies on Holy Thursday remind yourself that, Christ IS The Meal. Why insult Jews and Catholics by going to a weird hybrid that is not any part of any faith tradition.

8 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Praying you have a spiritually profitable Holy Week and Easter! Our priest said today that if you didn't observe Lent the past 5 weeks then start TODAY! He is right. Thank you also for all your love, support and prayers the week my uncle died - you cannot tell me you were completely disengaged from Lent because your prayers may have made the difference between Hell and Purgatory for him.

It's going to be a busy week here - 3 new Catholics to be received in my parish - God is good!

And you know when you need my angel he's there to help.
God bless you my dear friend!!!!
Angie xo

April 18, 2011 1:47 AM  
Blogger belinda said...

Angela, I love that idea, so you haven't started - begin now.

I use that same idea for diets, disengaged parents,friendships, pet ownership (I hate the dog) etc... anything where I've fallen short... I tell myself begin now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(((Cathy+Lent+work=success)))
And even if you throw in a couple of less than stellar neighbors.

April 18, 2011 10:09 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Hey pal - as one of your five readers, I figured I should at least comment.

May you have a blessed Holy Week and Easter. May God grant you peace in all things and the grace to endure all things.

April 20, 2011 2:05 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Dear Cathy--

After Easter, you should realize that you have been tagged in a new Meme at my place. Have fun with it!

April 20, 2011 5:35 PM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Yeah..I'm going to comment. I'm not going to give you advice because I don't have any. Just wanted to say I feel as lousy and dry as you. It sucks doesn't it...

April 21, 2011 3:47 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Ohhh, good point about the SEder thing. I went to one of those last year and was reminded that I did not keep my thoughts about it to myself, and so the family is not doin it again this year. I feel so bad, though. :( I never learn to keep my mouth shut, even in lent.

Divine Mercy Novena starts today--a good way, for me at least, to make up somewhat for my suck-y efforts at Lent.

Love you, darlin'!

April 22, 2011 8:51 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Ditto on your Seder comments. That feast should be respected as a high point and sacred event for people of the Jewish faith, but not something that Catholic/Christians can rip off and celebrate in a kind of tolerant/politically correct effort to to be inclusive of everyone. Don't we need to focus on the fact that Jesus established the New Covenant at the Last Supper? He forever changed the Passover from a freedom event for the Chosen People to a remembrance of His redeeming, sacrificial death for "the many", encompassing all peoples and all nations across the whole world. Our Holy Thursday rituals do a beautiful job of informing us of the transforming meaning and message of the Last Supper. Let's not trivialize the Seder nor de-emphasize the meaning of Eucharist, Holy Orders and the death and resurrection of Jesus.

April 22, 2011 11:35 AM  
Blogger Lee Strong said...

May it be a joyful Easter for you. Oh, and get some rest!

April 22, 2011 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page