April 03, 2011

Tribulation Bonding

Gentle Reader: The week just passed ended with a thud. It sucked. I ended Friday’s work day in complete depression. I wailed to a buddy Friday night. One of those dramatic responses to a “Hey, how it’s goin’ Cathy”, that turned out to be more than he bargained for! He had the misfortune to be the first person I encountered. My cats care but they have challenges listening.

I went to Mass for the Sacred Heart on Friday evening so full of rage due the crappy day that I refrained from Communion. I just sat in the pew steaming and trying to calm down. Am I the only person who ever goes to Mass like this? But, I had to go. I was praying some of the Grace of carrying the Cross that Our Lord experienced would rub off on me.

I had a late breakfast with friends on Saturday morning and we had a nice visit. They comiserated and I felt better. I listened to their challenges and felt better as I realized that I’m not alone. Next I went to a local bookstore and listened to a clerk hear some tense words from her supervisor-unfairly as nothing the clerk did was intentional. I comiserated with the clerk and said “Your day sounds like my whole week” She smiled and thanked me and we shared a moment of solidarity.

Next I went to Adoration. I don’t regularly go to Adoration on Saturday but when you need it, you need it. I was so thankful for that hour with the Lord to listen for His voice, to wait for Him to tell me He would be with me always. It occurred to me that Holy Week was not exactly a joyous week for Jesus either and my week was nothing compared to that. It put my trials in perspective.

I’ve always found that sharing tribulations with others, even if they are not exactly the same tribulations can put your own into perspective. So the work week was tough? So what? At least I have a job and a roof over my head. My health is good. I have the possibility of Salvation. It’s all good

12 Comments:

Blogger LarryD said...

Cathy - I feel for ya. My Friday wasn't all that hot either - and to top it off, everyone thought I was quitting blogging. I don't know how they got that idea...

April 03, 2011 3:32 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

More ((((((Cathy)))))) for you

April 03, 2011 4:59 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

P.S. I could always send you my ph# and you could call me and vent. I'm great at listening...

April 03, 2011 4:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks Larry and Auntie! Auntie: Send me your number anyway so I can call you and we can plan our trip to Mancini's!

April 04, 2011 8:28 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I hope *this* week is going better...

{{{hugs}}}

April 05, 2011 5:57 AM  
Blogger Sanctus Belle said...

Your week sounds like the last several months I've had at my job. I sincerely hope this gets better for you, I can relate. May you be helped by Mary's prayers Kathy. Amen+

April 05, 2011 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, I can definitely relate! I've often (God forgive me) gone to Mass in such a state that I refrained from Holy Communion - sometimes things that happened at Mass made things worse (but that's another story!)... Nevertheless, as you so wisely put it, it's a matter of perspective - thinking of what Our Lord went through certainly helps. God bless.

Regards,
Chloesmom

April 07, 2011 11:41 AM  
Blogger www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 09, 2011 3:45 AM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Umm--this has nothing to do with your post, or the spam ad above it, but you have been tagged in a meme over at my place.

April 10, 2011 1:56 PM  
Blogger Kathryn a.k.a. Mom with a Heart for God said...

Cathy, I can so relate to this post. I even related to it back when you wrote it and still do but am just now getting to commenting on it. Lent has been really tough this year. I guess it is supposed to be that way, but somehow, I keep thinking that it should be because of external happenings not because of my own sin and weakness. *Sigh* Thank You God for giving me the possiblity for Salvation..... May I truly receive it and come to You instead of my own weakness.

April 13, 2011 12:09 PM  
Blogger Kathryn a.k.a. Mom with a Heart for God said...

P.S. - I also had a hard time with the I Love Jesus Meme. But am thankful that I was tagged because it made me think about a lot of things that I needed to think about. You have a friend with you that can't seem to lead herself out of the desert either. Wait- maybe that's the problem, I don't know the way out, only He does....

Must. stop. rambling. Bye. (wave)

April 13, 2011 12:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks for the great comment, Mom with a Heart!

April 16, 2011 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page