December 31, 2010

The Take This Job and Shove It Award!

The first annual, or ever,"Take This Job and Shove It Award!" goes to Mr. Steven Slater. (Friends, you KNOW you have crossed to a new level of social media fame when you have a Wikipedia entry!)

This award is to signify my envy to those who I'm most jealous of and admire in their manner of leaving their current employment in the year.

Highlighting this incident probably illustrates some of the worst aspects of my character,but God help me, I still think this episode is funny! On the radio yesterday on my way into work I picked up a station that was reenacting the situation complete with bleeps, sounds of a fridge opening, the slide pulled and the body hitting it and sliding down it. I laughed so hard I almost drove off the road!

I finally know the answer to my question: "What beer did he grab?" Answer: Blue Moon (good choice)

This reminds me of the story of a local blogger who when he left one of his last jobs at a religious bookstore got on the intercom and stated "May you all go straight to Hell!", replaced the dippy daffy CD that was playing with Metallica's "Master of Puppets", grabbed two bottles of imported Holy Water and walked out the front door with his head held high.

I am still happy to know that, even in this day of horrific unemployment, there walk among us those who draw a line at compromising their standards and personal integrity for a paycheck.

This has been a Terry and Cathy joint!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Little Way said...

I will be leaving my own hellish torment, er um, place of employment, early next week. Yes, I know, I know - I should be grateful to have a job to leave and another to go to. Still.... If Guy Fawkes has a national holiday, surely Steven Slater deserves one, too. And what that says about my character, I'm not even sure I care! Happy New Year.

December 31, 2010 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page