December 12, 2010

Storm Photos

For LarryD and Nan-who is, I think, still plowed!

The Magisterium of the Blizzard; that is, Adoro, Terry and Dave Dahl, issued a bull and decreed that the snow we just received in Twin Cities, Minnesota, was not a blizzard but was, in fact, a pretty big dump of frozen precipitation!

Here are some photos for the sceptics-these are the folks who followed St. Thomas the Apostle for a time.



The front of my house-photo taken this morning. I should've taken a photo yesterday evening before I cleared the driveway as that drift between the piano window and the dining room windows was up to the soffits. Overnight, most of it blew off. But, almost all of this snow was received from Friday night thru Saturday. You can see, if I was so inclined, I will not be closing my driveway gate any time soon!



A view of my back yard from the basement walkout door. My fence in the back is 6'6". It's not too deep at the fence-most of it drifted against the house.



Another view of the back of my house and the walkout door where I took the previous shot. The black thing to the left is my central air conditioner cover. The central air unit is about 3 feet off the ground-slab and unit-and it's nearly covered from drifting. Twice, I could barely get out that back door yesterday as the snow was pretty high against it.



View looking north. There is a white car stuck in the middle of the street and a car parked just to the left of it. It's still there. Whoever was stuck there walked away and left it. The plows have been thru overnight and cleared the "night plow side". In the central cities; Minneapolis and St. Paul proper, with some major street exceptions, they only do one side at a time. They still had the other 1/2 to do at the time of the photo. The right side of the shot is the unplowed side.



View to the south. I had to clear all that packed in hard snow from the plow before I could back out and go to Mass this morning. I give thanks to God that I have a snowblower!

St. Paul has declared a second snow emergency starting tonight and it's COLD! Below zero next several days.

14 Comments:

Blogger Adoro said...

Hey now, don't give me authority I don't have!

The Magisterium of the Blizzard is not Terry and I, because he and I being (or trying to be) good Catholics know to defer to the proper authorities.

I can't speak for Terry, but suspect perhaps he would agree: we defer to the training and knowledge of those properly designated as experts in weather, including the proper meteorological definitions.

We are simply being obedient to the proper terms!

Great pics, would have loved to have seen them before the snow was cleared but am guessing you would still be lost in your front yard had you tried! LOL!

December 12, 2010 2:45 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That's a sh*t load of snow. But you already knew that - right?

After our early blizzard I bought a little Snow Joe blower for the sidewalks and deck. It's been raining ever since and will probably never, ever snow here again...

Hey - how 'bout that global warming, Al?? Working like a charm...

December 12, 2010 3:54 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Geee--I like down here better now! It's colder than usual, and snowing, but nothing like what you guys have.

Glad I live this far south, wish i lived further south.

December 12, 2010 4:01 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: Correct! I was too busy yesterday evening trying to get more snow cleared before it got too dark to see! Forgot to take my camera outside with me.

Adrienne: You'll see snow again! I'm sure of it!

Redneck: I'm happy to share with you! LOL

December 12, 2010 6:16 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 12, 2010 9:20 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I would've sent the Sons of LarryD over to shovel you out, if you had only asked...

We got hit with only 6" yesterday, but now the wind is blowing it all hither, thither and yon. Wind chills are sub-zero.

I suppose you want pictures as well...

December 13, 2010 12:06 PM  
Anonymous L. said...

Nice pics-is that your new fence in back?
Roads completly plowed out here in Woodbury. No delays/school closings. Target completely packed today. Ugh.
Merry Christmas though!! :)

December 13, 2010 2:17 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cathy, why don't you come down here and spend the winter with us in the lovely Carolinas. Snow usually minds its proper southern manners down here. It's fluffy and pretty on the grass and trees and rooftops -- usually melting upon contact on the roads and sidewalks. Then before you're too awfully tired of it, it goes away completely!

December 13, 2010 8:18 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

PS Your house is so cute and adorable!!

December 13, 2010 8:19 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cath - I'm waiting for Vincenzo to shop the looter delivering beer to your house.

December 14, 2010 10:13 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Stay warm! It looks like the perfect day to make gingerbread!

December 14, 2010 10:58 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

L: Yep, that's the new fence!

Larry: Produce the evidence, bro!

Gette: I'd love to! I have many online buddies in the Carolinas. That would be a fun trip!

Angela: Any day is good for gingerbread in my opinion. But, you are right! Gingerbread and apple cider! Yum

Ter: Yes, I can see a role for Looter Guy!

December 14, 2010 8:33 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cathy, when you're up for a trip, let me know! You can stay with us; I am serious!

December 15, 2010 8:50 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Gette: I miss you on all the social media you used to be on. You are so kind. I should undertake a campaign to make you come back! :-)

December 16, 2010 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page