November 07, 2010

Cry to the Lord

My regular readers (all 5 of you!) know that my parish is slated to merge with another. Our building may end up closing. It’s uncertain. What is certain that is that St. Andrew will no longer exist as a distinct, independent, community. Technically, we never were independent anyway-all parishes are linked to each other. All are members of the same family of Christ.

Which is why, in the end, it’s all going to be ok. The Lord will provide. He always does. If the last two years have taught me anything, it’s that things can always get worse but with a Faith and Trust in Christ I can get thru anything. At times in my life I have lacked that trust and faith. Somehow I bungled thru but not always with grace (or Grace) and not always with faith (or Faith).

I don’t live in 1930s Spain, I don’t live in China. I am able to find a place to worship and receive the Eucharist without difficulty. I can worship openly. I am fortunate. I am blessed.

Some of you may have heard that my parish appealed the Archdiocese decision. His Will Be Done. No matter what happens I will still be able to receive Him somewhere.

Today, I’ve received emails from friends that indicate worry about joblessness, money, family, serious illness-these are real and serious concerns. I feel, honestly, that my parish possibly closing and losing itself in another is minor in comparison. There is always an opportunity to make the best of a situation, to make new friends, to share gifts with others-even in tragedy.

3 Comments:

Blogger belinda said...

Cathy, you wrote "I bungle through but not always with grace.

Isn't that the part that makes you human? I always beat myself up for being human too. Bungling seems like growing to me, but as in all things I never cut myself any slack- only others.
*****
I had a dream a month ago about a woman who had lost everything she owned except for her children and she had to live in some sort of a homeless shelter and while she was there she began to thank and praise God for all that he had done for her. She had nothing but a a joyful heart and she shared this gratefulness with her children. She explained to her children that the Lord would take care of all things. I remember feeling how pleased God was with her and her attitude and this was supposed to be a lesson for me to emulate.

November 08, 2010 6:53 AM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Exactly, right, Miss Cathy.
We don't know what it is to suffer for our faith like millions across the globe...we MAY one day, the way things are going.
But this "bourgeoisie" kind of Catholicism is being challenged by all kinds of variables: lack of priests, changing demographics, etc.
Comfort is out; sacrifice and commitment is IN!
Praised be the Lord that we are able to assist at the Holy Sacrifice, at all, in public, without any kind of harassment or persecution.
Put things in perspective...yeah, that's it.
Great post!

November 08, 2010 4:38 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

{{{hugs}}} He has a plan for all of us...

November 08, 2010 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page