November 14, 2010

Community

Prayer can be a time for individual achievement. I try to live a life defined by prayer. I set aside time for prayer. I pray daily. Maybe one day I’ll be able to pray continuously. Maybe one day my whole day will be prayer. I’m not talking about entering a religious community. Can’t the secular life be lived as continuous prayer to God too?

Prayer can be an individual achievement. But, it is lived in Community-even if we are not in a religious community. We are all part of the Body of Christ. We all get together every Sunday for Mass, and at other times, and lift our prayers as one to God.

Even when we pray as individuals we are never totally alone. The Saints and Angels join in and someone, somewhere, may be praying at the same time-maybe even the same prayer.

The Church Militant prays as one. We are also united with the Church Triumphant and the Church Suffering.

Sometimes there are occasions when I feel alone in prayer. Sometimes, I feel there is no one listening. There is ALWAYS someone listening. I just realized today that I’m never alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up and taught by good catholic teachers when we heard from them on prayer we were taught as James wrote the prayers of the pure are always heard. We were also taught someone also hears our prayers and it is either God or his enemy. So be pure through the sacraments as St Faustina was told and the good will always hear

November 15, 2010 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page