November 25, 2010

Happy Feast of St. Catherine of Alexandria!



Patron of this blog and my Confirmation Saint.

Why did I pick St. Catherine of Alexandria? Numerous reasons. However, I see her as a bridge between my two lives. Back in my ultra-liberal feminism progressive Catholic days, St. Catherine was a symbol of a strong woman who dared to argue with the dominant authorities of her time (read: men). Today, I've come to realize that is only part of who St. Catherine was: she was a strong defender of the Faith, a teacher, a philosopher, a virgin who died for her love of Christ.

God willing, maybe one day I'll be as complete.

Oh, yeah, it's also Thanksiving Day in the U.S..

St. Catherine, pray for us!

8 Comments:

Blogger Melody K said...

Happy feast day, Cathy!
Also happy Thanksgiving.

November 25, 2010 6:28 AM  
Anonymous L. said...

Happy Feast Day Cath and have a blessed day today. Thanks for all of your prayers recently...it has meant so much!! :)

November 25, 2010 7:14 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Happy Feast Day, JCM!

And thank you for your contributions to me and others through your blog and your comments on the blogs of others. Even the rants.

November 25, 2010 9:22 AM  
Blogger The Little Way said...

Happy Feast Day C of A and Happy Thanksgiving, too!

November 25, 2010 10:01 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Happy day Cath - I posted my tribute last nite. Have a good day with your dad - and who else?

November 25, 2010 10:31 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Happy Feast Day!

Enjoy the Lex!

November 25, 2010 12:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, everyone! Nan: We will. Ter: Dad and the Lord

November 25, 2010 1:06 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Give Dad a HUGE North Idaho hug from me.

Happy Thanksgiving...

November 25, 2010 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page