October 06, 2010

And Away We Go!

Didn't I say that October would be a tough month for Archbishop Nienstedt? The latest set of claims along the lines of "How dare the Archbishop of our Faith actually be Catholic!" comes to us from St. John (Yeah, St. Thomas still beat you last weekend-suckas!) and St. Benedict; colleges just to the north of the Twin Cities.

Ray has the story from the toil, er, StarTribune-newspaper of liberal Twin Cities. I have the story for the rest of us here

Note in both stories the usual suspects weighing in on their interpretation of Church teaching and how the Archbishop is some renegade out there on his own and Christ would never have done that,wah, wah, wah. I'm sure some days His Excellency does feel like he's out there on his own as he gets little to no backup by his own flock. However, the Archbishop has CENTURIES of teaching as well as the Magisterium behind him while all the Colleges have is beautiful fall color on campus (and they still lost to St. Thomas last weekend!).

Also, note the priest in the Pioneer Press article who thinks he did everyone a favor by having a second Mass later where he gave the protesters communion. The protesters, and I always find this amusing, try to convince us they are not actually protesting. So,if I show up at Mass wearing a t-shirt (for which I should be thrown out for dressing like that anyway-Hi, Ter!) that says "I just shot your Momma!" and it's covered in blood and I expect to receive Communion is that not, uh, wrong? Obviously, clearly proclaiming that I'm a murderer is a sin that prohibits one from receiving Communion. Now, I can hear you out there! You are saying: "But, Cathy, homosexuality is not murder so that's not the same thing!" You are right, it isn't murder but it is a sin. Sin is sin.

Dramatic and public proclamations and gestures that just cry out "Hey, look at me, I disagree with the Catholic Church!" and the expectation that you should be able to receive Communion is childlike, petulant and ridiculous. You cannot honestly believe that anyone thinks you are not fully aware of what you are trying to do. You are testing Our Shepherd like a 5 year old. If I try this, will he allow that?

Do us all a favor, lie to yourself but leave the rest of us out of it.

Oh, I have to admit I laughed at Mr. McGrath's "We don't permit that at the Commununion rail." What Communion RAIL? Please, can we have protests at the Communion RAIL! Really, can we even use the Communion rail in all the churches that survived the blast? If we were still kneeling at the rail and people had no other choice than to receive Communion on the tongue, I want pictures of the image of the protesters continuing to kneel, after being denied Communion, with their empty tongues hanging out; because, friends, that image just sums it all up right there.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

They received Communion later?

October 06, 2010 7:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Yep-not from Archbishop from another priest. It was in the Pioneer Press article.

October 06, 2010 8:35 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 06, 2010 8:43 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I wonder if the Archbishop can discipline the priest who gave the protesting students communion?

October 07, 2010 1:18 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

As I told Terry this whole thing is making my flu worse. Good for the Archbishop!

October 07, 2010 11:02 AM  
Blogger FJH 3rd said...

"...can we even use the Communion rail in all the churches that survived the blast?" gets my vote for phrase of the year! I'm still chuckling!

October 07, 2010 12:48 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Fr. R. McGraw is an ass!
Sorry...know him...know the whole lot there...idiots and heretics!
St. John Abbey needs an exorcism like you wouldn't believe...
it's in the public records..pedophiles...perverts and abusers! And not to mention the "Liturgical Revolution" that did and continues to go on there...Fr. Virgil Michel must be turning in his grave...
Absolutely outrageous...
yeah, my "Irish" is coming out here...
dammit!

October 07, 2010 5:00 PM  
Anonymous L. said...

We didn't even consider SJU for our boys...praise God!

October 07, 2010 7:10 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

wow. Lord help your good Archbishop and all the priests and catechists (and bloggers!) who hold and teach the True teachings of the Catholic Church.

Nazareth priest: I love you! I wish we could clone you.

October 10, 2010 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page