July 18, 2010

You Suck Big Time

Some of you know that I was dogsitting for my buddy Adoro while she was drinking margaritas by a lake for a solid week!

Kidding! She was learning iconography while on retreat. I'm sure you'll read more about it if you see her blog.

Adoro has a magnet on her fridge that says "You Suck Big Time" with this happy bunny smiling. No, I don't think Terry gave it to her! Well, maybe he did, I don't know..

In any case, that magnet makes me laugh and gives me some moments of introspection. I do suck and I am full of (insert word here) most of the time.

Definitely, this blog sucks. It was another intense week and blogging tends to go by the wayside. I've found I have no trouble leaving the laptop unused, not reading blogs, not checking email obsessively. I'm online and on my cell phone/blackberry all day at work why do it when I get home all over again? I need the break.

Relaxing at Adoro's was a form of vacation for me too! I got out of my usual environment (change is good) and got that little reminder: Sinner! Yep.

I may never know what is going on in blogdom but there is one thing I can always be sure of: my unworthiness before the Lord.

Now, I know some of you reading this post are grinding your teeth! You hate any verbiage about unworthiness. Be honest. How perfect do you really think you are?

12 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

Hi, my name is Angela and I suck.

July 18, 2010 12:31 PM  
Blogger Lee Strong said...

I refer to myself as a "slug among weeds." That should give you an idea how worthy I think I am!

July 18, 2010 12:41 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

I love that little magnet. I actually bought it in Florida when I was there for training. I could NOT walk by it without totally cracking up!

It was subsequently placed on the cabinet at my desk at work, and every time I was dealing with a difficult customer, I'd look at that magnet and keep my sanity (and my temper!) LOL!

July 18, 2010 1:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: I loved it! Angela, babe, this is not Suck Anonymous! lol

July 18, 2010 2:22 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

So THAT's where you were! Welcome back! :)

Gotta love Happy Bunny, that cynical little rodent! He even has his own site (doesn't EVERYONE?). http://www.itshappybunnybooks.com/

July 18, 2010 2:43 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Missed you.

July 18, 2010 4:34 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Oh wait! Hey, even Tancred updates his blog from his blackberry.... Look how busy he is! Oh! Oh! And oooooow... yeah... you comment on everyone else's blog though don't ya. Yeah, that's right lady. You know plenty about what's goin' on in blogdom.


;)

July 18, 2010 4:41 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

I'm pitiful; on a good day.
I'm a monster on a bad day.
God somehow deals with me; the brethern somehow deal with me; I try to deal with me.
It's a never=ending battle.
Yep.
That's it.

July 18, 2010 5:32 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Who's more crazy than me, huh?

July 18, 2010 5:40 PM  
Blogger Joe (Defend Us In Battle) said...

Wait... Adoro was drinking Margaritas?

Also... that little bunny ridicules me all the time :(

I am starting to think that I am not all that important...

On a side note, my friend asked his 6 kids if they thought they were an "important person" only one kid answered yes... guess what I am getting him for Christmas?

On a related note...Adoro, can I borrow that magnet around Christmas, I am poor.

And for good measure... I suck, but not as much as Barry... he does still go by Barry right?

July 19, 2010 5:13 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I have to agree with Angela...she sucks!

;-)

July 19, 2010 7:21 AM  
Blogger Janny said...

Oh, I dunno.
I think that I frequently suck--but I also know that I am FORGIVEN.
I also know that I am precious in the eyes of God.
I also know that God don't make no junk.

So, while I appreciate the sentiment behind this post--and Happy Bunny--let's not be deceived in the other direction, either. It's just as prideful to talk incessantly about how "unworthy" you are as it is to talk incessantly about your own greatness. Some people have raised "unworthiness" to an art form. Some even go clear into scrupulosity, and then, by golly, Satan has us CONVINCED that we suck...no matter WHAT we do.

Uhhhh....no. Not going there.

Yes, I know we're unworthy. But God thought us worth loving and saving. So let's not be more picky than He is, shall we?

JB

July 19, 2010 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page