June 12, 2010

Balance Between Faith and Insanity

What is it? Seriously.

Many of you, ok the 5 of you, who've been my regular readers know that last year was not the best year of my life. I was unemployed (willfully because I walked out of my job due to my boss being a psycho) or underemployed for most of it.

I prayed to the Lord and I trusted in Him and He provided. I kept the roof over my head. I was able to eat-yeah, so much so that I've gained more weight! I survived.

Thanks Be to God.

I got a new job after Thanksgiving last year. The salary is great. I like who I work with and what I do.

But, the hours are insane. I was so busy last week that I did not get to check my personal email for 5 days. I'm going to have to work some of this weekend.

My daily prayer continues and I admit it's probably not my most focused effort; but, I'm trying to keep the dialogue with the Lord going.

Many of you know of my deep devotion to the Sacred Heart. Well, I pretend it's deep, as to my sorrow I was unable to finish work early enough yesterday to get to Mass. I got to read the Introit to the EF Mass of the Sacred Heart rather than "live it" in Mass. There's a difference between reading it and doing it.

I need to do stuff around the house and yard. My yard is a disaster.

Too much going on. Forget Facebook and Twitter and all that extra social media.Why be social with media? Heck, I can barely be social with my friends and family!

Some days I feel like I'm losing my mind. I end up picking and choosing what I can deal with today. I need more time with the Lord. I don't have time to blog.

So, if I'm scarce these days, I'm in an Adoration Chapel praying for strength, praying in gratitude for what I DO have.

Amen.

15 Comments:

Blogger Fr. Andrew said...

Forget Facebook and Twitter and all that extra social media.Why be social with media? Heck, I can barely be social with my friends and family!

ROFL, truer words have rarely been said.

Remember, in your craziness, that our Lord loves you in your humanity and is pleased by your desire for greater prayer. Keep looking and asking how he desires you to pray in your new life. Know of my prayers.

June 12, 2010 3:14 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

I totally understand though I've been missing you with your posts and your comments over at the Abbey. We do have lives blogging is simply a treat not a meal. I'm having the same struggles. I can't hear the Lord with people tugging at me.

I hope you don't give up blogging entirely..

June 12, 2010 3:32 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Oh, Cathy.
I am really sorry; truthfully.
It'll get better, I promise.
Just do your best and Jesus knows the rest.
(That sounds really trite and gross...sorry!).
Prayers and love from here!
The Lord'll sort it all out if you just "hang on":<)!

June 12, 2010 4:17 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Yup, all that sounds quite familiar here, too!

June 12, 2010 4:43 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I knew it. I've been praise tap-dancing for you ever since you told me to go ____ myself and quit hounding you to do a post.

Morning offering - don't forget the value of the morning offering and a couple of spiritual communions during the day.

June 12, 2010 7:50 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

WEll, my yard's no "Terry's Garden" either -- but weeds are people too. I'm OK with it, actually. Let's just hope the neighbors don't complain. :-)


Lots of love and prayers going out to you, Cathy! I hope things slow down to a normal pace for you soon!

June 12, 2010 8:03 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Prayers things calm down. Hang in there. I have a few Honey Weiss I can share.

June 12, 2010 8:54 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

One of the all time great quotes from Gette: "Weeds are people too!"

Copyright that one, Gette, and you should be able to retire (or at least visit us here in God's country.

Swissie: Is your computer back up to snuff?

June 12, 2010 9:31 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Ray: Despite the rogue not letting me on the internet and essentially taking over my computer, I did get online and downloaded some anti-malware that removed it. Still no sound though! Thanks for the info on the computer place...I may still need to take the computer there eventually.

June 12, 2010 9:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Much needed comments here, thanks, everyone!

June 12, 2010 9:57 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Cathy - hang in there! And please pray for me when you're in the presence of our Lord.

June 13, 2010 9:27 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

"When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart you will find me with you..."

Some times the real spiritual exercise is in the struggle, and not the meditation. Pray as you struggle and you will consecrate your entire day to Him.

June 15, 2010 11:27 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Tom in Vegas has the best advice...Jesus is everything!

June 16, 2010 3:40 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Ray, wow,I'll do it, if that'll get me to Minny-so-tah (that's the correct way to pronounce it, right?)!

Cath, still praying for you here, babe! I hope this day was a good one for you :)

June 16, 2010 4:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Larry, Tom, Father and Gette!

Gette: Well, it's been a tough week!

June 16, 2010 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page