May 14, 2010

Tough Week

Gentle Reader: I’ve been scarce this week but it’s been an exhausting week.
As you know, Ray was in the hospital this week. He’s home and recovering now.

In addition, my cat,Sodak, has been at the vet several times this week. We still are not sure what is wrong with him. After a series of tests,I’ve decided to give him a rest of a few weeks, unless he gets sick again, before we decide what to do next.

Work has been fine; not too many hours but I ended up working about 3 hours of my 8 hour vacation day today! But, I did have a good dinner with Bede, who also has been ill-please pray for her.

The highlight of my week was attending Mass on Ascension THURSDAY! It was a Mass in the Extraordinary Form at a parish that follows the Traditional calender for the EF Mass so they observed the Mass of the Ascension on the historical date.

No matter how tough the week gets, remember, there is a Mass somewhere in the world. If you check your schedule, maybe you can attend one! There is nothing like time with the Lord to make one feel better. Speaking of time with the Lord, Adoration is a good thing as well and it occurs to me to recollect that I had my usual hour on Tuesday. I always feel better if I can just sit in peace with Him; it puts it all in perspective. It reminds me that whatever trials I have on Earth they are as nothing compared to His for me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hey, thanks, Cathy! Dinner with you was definitely the highlight of my week!

Bede

May 14, 2010 10:08 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I will pray for Sodak...oh - and you, too.

May 14, 2010 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words on Mass and adoration!

May 15, 2010 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you might be having a rough time now but I'd like to share with you my website. I was raised Catholio but know that there are major reasons that I'd rather be a Christian. Please take your time and my site seriously.
www.gospellightmin.com
my e-mail is
gospel-light@sbcglobal.net
In His name,
Ron4truth

May 15, 2010 10:24 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cath, I'm sorry your week was rough. I'll remember you at Mass tomorrow. You are SO right, Mass helps so much! What ever would we do without it? I know for a fact that no one who understands the Mass fully, and truly knows WHO we receive in the Blessed Sacrament could ever leave the Catholic Faith. This is why I know that "Ron 4 truth" was never properly catechised.

Ron, we invite you to come home! Check out this two minute video: http://tinyurl.com/2dv4o8m

May 15, 2010 10:55 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Mass on Ascension Thursday, was the highlight of my week too! What would we ever do without it!???

May 15, 2010 11:06 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ron4Truth: To be Catholic is to be Christian-the first Christians!

Thanks for prayers, Gette and, uh, Adrienne (;-))

May 16, 2010 9:43 AM  
Blogger Melody K said...

Prayers for you and Sodak! It's hard when they can't tell us where it hurts. One of my cats is having what we think is food allergies. The vet put him on a special chow made out of duck and peas (yeah, sounds good doesn't it.)

May 16, 2010 8:56 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

At least Sodak is decent. Miss Active lost her battle with someone in the pond near the home and the vet couldn't save her :(

May 17, 2010 10:42 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Bobby: I just saw your email, I'm terribly sorry.

May 17, 2010 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page