May 17, 2010

Diva

So,The Crescat awards are over with for this year; now what are you gonna do with your time? To those who tied up every public computer they could find to vote multiple times for their loved one, all the unemployed need those library computers to look for work, you, you, Christians!!!!! I guess we will know you by your love, and the presence of your name on every library sign-up sheet in town!

Seriously (because you didn't think I was did you?), some great people were nominated-even Father Richtsteig! (heh) -the priest most likely to NEVER be invited to give the opening prayer at the "National Prayer Breakfast" if we still have one! The only man I've ever known to be banned, yes banned, from Burning Man. In his defense, they can't prove he's the one who lit it early a few years back!

I'm glad we don't have a repeat of last year when Ray phoned me screaming "This is b******t! I was f*****n robbed!" His lungs are still too weak to make any extraneous and ranting phone calls. But, he appreciates your prayerful support!

Can anyone loan me $20? Swissmiss expects me to pick up a cake for her at Cafe Latte. Fortunately, she had pity on the fact that I've spent so much on my ill cat this week and only expects the cake twice/week for the next month!




Labels: The Post Terry Wishes He'd Written

10 Comments:

Blogger LarryD said...

What a great post! I should have voted for you in the Snarkiest Blog category instead of wasting my votes on me.

Maybe next year!

May 18, 2010 7:23 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Larry: I have moments but when it comes to the ratio of snark/blog you've got me beat! :-)

May 18, 2010 12:52 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

LOL!:<)!

May 18, 2010 1:53 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I do wish I'd written this. I'm so gun shy now.

May 18, 2010 2:46 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Terry, dearest:
Illigetimus non carborundum (don't let the bastards get you down!)...my roommate from freshman year of college had that written on his baggage...
It is lived on with me all these years...yeah!!

May 18, 2010 4:48 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Honestly, I just need a cake for Little Flowers this week. Last week of the year. Amen. Alleluia. We're having a "tea" on Thursday night, with clotted cream and finger sandwiches. I'll buy you cakes from Cafe Latte if you go in my place. Please.

May 18, 2010 7:38 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Tea with clotted cream?!!
Good golly!
My English is absolutely going crazy here....good for you, swissmiss, good for you!

May 18, 2010 8:04 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Swissy: Now this is just too much! It really pushes the boundaries of our friendship. You KNOW I can't tolerate that stuff!

LOL

May 18, 2010 8:56 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Father and Cathy: I think the solution is to let Father attend the tea in my place while Cathy and I go to Cafe Latte. (And, I guess we're technically serving Devonshire cream, which is a version of clotted cream, although I couldn't tell you the distinction since I'd rather just have a Coke.)

May 18, 2010 9:36 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Clotted cream rocks!
Just tell me the time and the place (unless I can't have the vehicle...darn...it's going into the shop tomorrow)...well, I'll be wit' you in spirit, yeah?

May 18, 2010 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page