November 16, 2011

12 Hours of Pius-A Product Review

Father Z gave Vincenzo Pope Pius clocks a shout out and I thought I would follow suit. Below is a reprint of my review from May of 2010. I still have my clock. It still runs and I love it!

For over 10 years I’ve had a kitchen clock that my good friend, Laura, bought for me years ago. It sings out a different bird at the top of the hour. You may have had one a decade ago; they were a “fad” around the same time as the dreaded “Billy Bass” phenomenon!

My Dad detests the clock. When I bought my house in 2001, he personally moved it over to my house and hung it in the kitchen. Before I bought the house I was living with my Dad. I’d moved in to help him care for my mother. After she died, I remained living there for a few years; Dad and I needed each other. Finally, I was ready to move on. Dad made sure I took that “dang bird clock” with me.

I’ve been pondering buying a new kitchen clock for a while. In these days of timepieces on nearly everthing; sometimes a clock seems unecessary. But, I’ve always thought a kitchen clock not only tells time but it makes a statement.

What better statement to make about your Faith than a clock with all 12 Pope Pius’ on it!

Vincenzo told me he made a Pope Pius clock and was selling it thru Café Press

I purchased a 10” wall clock; other sizes are available. I liked the darker frame; a silvery one is available as well.

Care Press makes it so easy to do online ordering. Also, the clock was here within 3 days of my order and that was standard service.



The clock is not solid or heavy; ok, it’s plastic but what do you want for $19.99? The images of the 12 Pope’s Pius are very clear. There is an imprint of the “Keys of St. Peter” in the antique print of the face. Hey, it even included the one A battery it runs on! I was very happy to see that. My bird clock took 3 A cells.



It looks really good on my wall and it doesn’t have the annoying “click, click, click” sound as every minute of my life passes as my old clock did. My only quibbles are: the plastic is not non-glare; but again what do you want for $19.99? Furthermore, it doesn't scream out "anathema" or "sinner" at the top of the hour; somedays, I could use that kind of reminder.


Overall, I’m very pleased. If you are interested in purchasing; Vincenzo can hook you up!

Kaylen enjoyed the box and we had a bubble wrap explosion party later!

20 Comments:

Blogger Fr. Andrew said...

As the priest chaplain of Pius XII Newman Center, I must buy one.

May 23, 2010 7:32 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"Furthermore, it doesn't scream out 'anathema' or 'sinner' at the top of the hour; somedays, I could use that kind of reminder."

LOL. It looks nice there. Thanks for the review.

May 23, 2010 7:38 PM  
Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Unfortunately I use military time, so I'll have to wait for the Pope Johns version to come out

May 23, 2010 7:40 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

Father Andrew, great! Hope you enjoy it. Here is the store location:

http://www.cafepress.com/popepiusclock

May 23, 2010 8:02 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

My parents have a "bird clock"...annoys the living you-know-what outta me (sorry!)...
I know a priest who would "die" for this Pius clock thingy...I'm on it. Thanks!
Love ya, dear.
Hope to see you soon!FrJM

May 23, 2010 8:55 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

I.want.that.clock!

May 23, 2010 9:38 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 23, 2010 10:06 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Terry: Me, too, me, too!!
Just like in the '60s!!ROFL!!!

May 23, 2010 10:09 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Oh, and Cathy...
Today while we were at our property (our future home)...I saw a kitty that looks just like Kaylen...wandering around...
and the said kitty took a ....
Just for my pleasure.
I feel right at home now.LOL!
Oh, and we visited the neighbors (Mennonites with seven children on Wednesday...beautiful family...to see their border collie puppies...they were just beautiful...I wanted to take one home...I am forbidden by my superior to harbor any more dogs until later notice:<)!)
I think said kitty who took a ....
in our yard must belong to the Mennonites, so its okay:<)!!

May 23, 2010 10:14 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Waiting for the "anathema" update as a gift for my in-laws.

May 25, 2010 8:21 AM  
Blogger Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

My grandmother had the bird clock too. I rather liked it. (Ducks!)

May 25, 2010 10:54 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

Swissmiss, ROFL

May 25, 2010 12:32 PM  
Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

I think the ducks clock (or is that cluck?) would drive me quackers.

May 25, 2010 12:37 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

AA: Groan.

Father Richtsteig: You softie!

May 25, 2010 12:38 PM  
Blogger doanli aka "orange blossom" said...

Love the kitty in the bottom photo! (I am owned by 3 cats.)

May 25, 2010 2:24 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I prefer the kitty in the box, but the clock is cool as well. Though I really am a sucker for a kitty in a box and yours is so adorable!

FourthGradeNothing.com

May 26, 2010 9:58 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

I like your kitchen! so cozy! :)

May 27, 2010 3:01 AM  
Blogger Stephen Hand said...

Once was sold a Pius Clock. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

July 11, 2010 10:55 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I don't recall this post. I must have been sleeping that day/week. But your story reminds me of a tale of clocks and true love from my folks.

When I was in the Army in Germany I got word from Mom that Dad wanted a cuckoo clock. I have no idea why and I put it out of my mind. A month or two later, Mom again reminded me that "Dad wanted a cuckoo clock." She didn't raise a total idiot so this time I went out and bought a chintzy little cuckoo clock and brought it back when I got out of the Army.

But a few years later, my folks took their own trip to Europe and Dad came back with a real nice one. (He paid for it with a check on his US account. The store mailed it for him).

Dad loved it and it was placed just outside their bedroom in the upstairs hall. But I don't think Mom was so fond of it. Home for the funeral, I noticed that the first change that she made after his death was to turn off the dagnab cuckoo clock. She had had had five years of it and that was apparently enough.

I still have it. But I never have turned it on. I'm a light sleeper.

November 16, 2011 9:41 PM  
Blogger LUZ DE MARIA PARA AS NAÇÕES said...

Congratulations! this blog is wonderful!
Welcome to: www.virgemdeguadalupe.blogspot.com

November 24, 2011 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page