March 27, 2010

Coffee and Narcissism

Or: What if you staged an intervention and only the crazies showed up?

Gentle Reader: I know people are worried about me. I'm getting calls. Where are you? Why aren't you blogging? Why do you have a life and I don't?!

This morning I met a friend for coffee.

As we got our buzz on, I'm not sure who helped who? He admitted he only attends the Vigil Mass in jeans and waves like a mad social fool at all the old ladies in his parish. He scares the same old ladies in his local grocery store, his neighbors hate him, he stalks people who knock his empty trash can over, and he leered at the young chickie barista. Completely messed up, no wonder I love him so.

I admitted I believe blogging is a narcissistic exercise and I'm not notifying priests when he blogs about them! Beyond that, I know nothing!

In a week where the world has gone mad enough that some people believe Rembert Weakland is an authority on Catholic morality, and the President acts like he did us all a big favor, the whole morning made perfect sense.

Peace be with you!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

"He admitted he only attends the Vigil Mass in jeans and waves like a mad social fool at all the old ladies in his parish."

Please be nice to Terry:0)

March 27, 2010 7:21 PM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Terry should take it easy on those old ladies, now that Health Care has passed.

March 27, 2010 9:53 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

Sometimes it's a coporal work of mercy to remove Mr.T from the paint fumes.

Tell me about the food-
n i c e a n d s l o w l y
'cause I'm on a diet. Was it yummy?

Did Mr.Terry make healthy food choices? Were you properly caffinated? Is the world in Minn. spinning properly? Are you northern people still freezing? Do you have enough cat treats?

I've been worried about you.. I'm not kidding. I was going to write something hysterical but I forgot what I was going to write because my brain is like a "Jello" salad. ewww....

March 27, 2010 9:55 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Belinda is funny.

Cath - who knew Larry was going to reveal his plastic surgery success today?

Tom - Cath was nice - but then she turned on me.

March 27, 2010 10:03 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

How come everybody knew who it was?

March 27, 2010 10:46 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

She turned on you?
Did she threaten you with a plastic fork or maybe a spork?

Maybe she's just one of those people who uses really big hand gestures and you got confused. Was she trying to make a point? Were you paying attention?

*A spork is a fork/spoon combo used in the school cafeterias to cut costs and save the world from pesky plastic. Do you people have eating utensils up north? Kansans don't have music or black people. Well we did have a black man once.

March 27, 2010 10:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

We did not eat anything-shocking I know! Just coffee!

Larry: Ter is just upset because you look better than he does. I'm sure he's planning to go under the knife again.

March 28, 2010 9:00 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

Cath - if he does, then I may have to schedule one for myself. It's getting to the point where even God won't recognize us!

March 29, 2010 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page