March 27, 2010

Carrying The Cross

One year ago I was in a dark place. My job was not enjoyable. I did not get along with my manager. I walked out. I was uncertain. What was I going to do next? What would happen? All I had was faith.

It was enough. Faith carried me. I carried the Cross. When I could. I dropped it sometimes. Sometimes I fell. Sometimes I did not get up right away.

It seemed like things may never get better, but, they did.

I made it. The Lord provided. My prayers were answered. I was made whole again.
This Lent has been tough. A year later am I back to where I was?

Not alone. All of us who share allegiance to the Church founded by Christ are shaken.
It’s been a tough week.

I can hardly stand to pick up the paper. Every day on the front page is some new accusation.

Flawed people are in the church. I prove this every time I go to Mass. Who am I Lord?

Terrible injustices have been perpetrated in the name of Christ. They are false. They may never answer to our courts but they will answer.

If I write to Bill Gates do I expect that Bill Gates will read my letter? Yet, there are those who expect a Cardinal or the Pope to read all the correspondence addressed to him. Apparently, Santa also reads and answers all his own mail as well.

The same crowd who accuse the Pope of micromanaging are now upset that he does not.
The head of the Church is not the Pope, it’s Christ. Does that mean the Pope should resign? If it is the bosses will he will.

Don’t look to the media for answers to faith. The media does not understand what priesthood is any more than some sinful priests do. Thou art a priest forever…there is also no level of Hell lower than the one reserved for priests who have misused their office. Forever. Hell.

They will answer.

Everyone is trying to pile onto the quarterback while he is down. He will rise again. We know it.

The Church is dying. The Church dies each Lent. It always rises again. Be there. Watch and wait. Have faith. Sometimes we have to carry the cross.

12 Comments:

Blogger belinda said...

I'm listening to you. If that helps any.

March 27, 2010 9:58 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

You hit the nail on the head. I am printing this out and sending to a few friends as well.

March 27, 2010 10:35 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

That last paragraph is wonderful. I really needed that.

March 27, 2010 10:36 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I SO needed to read a post like this one. The past few weeks have been nothing short of excruciating. Every anti-Catholic feels glorified and vindicated. Yet here we are. Catholics like us who know the REAL Catholic Church and the REAL precepts of our faith. If what those vulgar misanthropes were saying were true, would we still be here? Obviously not.

Just hoping all this crap comes to an end quickly.

March 27, 2010 11:10 PM  
Blogger John said...

did Jesus live in a palace in the middle of Rome or have a summer home in the Italian Alps?

March 28, 2010 11:34 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ah, here come the "haters". John does your pastor live outside?

March 28, 2010 11:35 AM  
Blogger John said...

yes, she does. answer the question.

March 28, 2010 11:39 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Your pastor has no roof over her head? Is it a person or some mother earth thing?

I feel no need to apologize for the living quarters of the Holy Father any more than I feel any need to apologize for the Tabernacle wherein God resides.

Peace be with you.

March 28, 2010 11:44 AM  
Blogger belinda said...

@John....Yes she does?

hahahahahahaha hysterical laughter from my end!!

No , Jesus didn't have those things but he did give them to his successors . The part that's hard for protestants and pagans to understand it that the "Italian Villa" and that "sweet" home in the Alps isn't a "free-be" because it comes with a crushing cross and with it brings physical and mental pain which can be excruciatingly painful at times. It's a cross which our good popes carry every day (in union with Christ and on your ungrateful behalf) and even when they don't feel like it. Those crosses are heavy and splintered.

Secondly, If your a christian then your dead weight and I/we get tired of carrying you people but if your a pagan then there's nothing more to say except that Jesus loves you dearly and more than you can comprehend.

Sometimes crosses come in real pretty packages.

March 29, 2010 4:37 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

I am so glad your prayers were answered. God takes cares of His loved ones.

March 29, 2010 9:22 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Gette! I miss you. Blessed Easter to you and your family!

March 29, 2010 10:14 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

Livin' large with Joyce Meyers.

March 31, 2010 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page