January 09, 2010

People that Surprise Me


Gentle Reader: I very much enjoy the company of people who surprise me. I don't mean in a "gift" way, though amazement can be a gift, but, I mean, people who reveal depths to their selves that you never expected. Never expected because we have a tendency, in our human limitations, to struggle to see beyond the surface to the truth within.

We all judge. Often unfairly. Certainly, I am guilty of this.

Belinda, a frequent commentator on many local blogs, including mine, has a great post up about judging others during our day to day errands.

Belinda is someone who may appear to many of you to be goofy and random, if you only read her comments, however, she continually amazes me with her flashes of kindness and insight.

Don't be fooled! Don't BE a fool.

7 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I have always thought Belinda was one of the smartest bloggers, evah!

January 09, 2010 12:36 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

I like her quirky take on things. Much more real than some of the smug smarty pants stuff with 6 zillion quotes I read on other blogs and sites.

January 09, 2010 2:36 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Be careful here - shes a wild thing - just when you least expect it... Kidding! She's a very smart lady and incredibly funny! I like her too.

Cath - now who really is goofy and random? Huh?

January 09, 2010 3:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: Who isn't?

January 09, 2010 3:22 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"Belinda is someone who may appear to many of you to be goofy and random, if you only read her comments, however, she continually amazes me with her flashes of kindness and insight."

Exactly. She always astounds me with the depth of spiritual wisdom, advice, and thoughtfulness she offers, she's an incredibly talented writer and is hilarious too.

January 09, 2010 8:02 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Vincenzo - she is hillarious - I love her humor - and she is a wise woman.

January 10, 2010 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Maria said...

I just discovered her with the Big Fat Lady w/ knives video. I think she ia WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

January 12, 2010 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page