January 03, 2010

Our Hearts Were Young and Gay



Some of you know that Terry "Lord of the Dance" Nelson and I recently gave disco lessons at Landmark Center.

Terry, even though I told him it was excessive and unnecessary, waxed his chest for the occasion. When it was just he and I setting up, he did an Irish jig and I took this photo! Isn't he great?

Well, I gave lessons. Once people actually began showing up, Terry went and hid in a closet and wouldn't come out. Nothing could entice him, not even his pastor vowing to never publicly welcome strangers at the beginning of every Holy Mass, worked to bring him out. Finally, when everyone left, my feet hurt, my groove thing was fractured, and my hustle was long gone, did he emerge. Then, he insisted I go warm up the car and bring it around to pick him up because the cold is too hard on his vocal chords.

He's such a diva. You can't even imagine the things I do for love.

11 Comments:

Blogger nazareth priest said...

Oh, thank God, I gave up dancing, like fo evah!
Some days my stupid legs and feet can't hardly do what they're supposed to do to get me from point A to B.
Great story, Cathy of Alex!

January 03, 2010 6:52 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I wanted to dance on Solid Gold for the longest time, but it went off the air.

BTW, Cathy, you've set Terry up for a real doozy. Now people everywhere are going to talk about how he's out of the closet;0)

(Don't tell me you didn't see this one coming).

January 03, 2010 6:59 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Tom - I was the host on Solid Gold until Merv Griffin asked me into to his office... or was that another show? Terrio, Deny.

So Cath... hon... you will pay for this one. Oh yes you will.

January 03, 2010 9:36 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Terry, that book you borrowed from me in 1972...could I get it back? If you can't remember which one look at my blog....

January 04, 2010 2:20 AM  
Blogger wsxwhx610 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 04, 2010 4:07 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I'm looking forward to Terry's apprearance on "Liturgical Dancing With The Stars"!

January 04, 2010 6:26 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: "Dance Fever" with Denny Terio and Motion. Yes, indeedy. I actually used to watch that. Maybe I should shut up about reality TV and lack of TV quality just admitting that.

But, we are SO ready to teach disco!

Tom: I won't deny it. ROFL! Ter knows it was on purpose. I'm such a cat. Yes, I know he'll retaliate.

January 04, 2010 9:48 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Seriously - I used to watch Dance Fever for dance moves before I went out Saturday night - oh, oh! I watched Soul Train all of the time too. LOL!

January 04, 2010 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Austringer said...

Cathy, I'm amazed at what you report! You know, I saw Terry not long before you were scheduled to teach disco, and he seemed quite excited at the prospect: we were at Loome's (he was helping them set up their gift shop), and he demonstrated a few moves for me. Quite stunning, really, especially as he managed to gyrate around the table crowded with breakable things without smashing anything.
But perhaps it's one thing to perform in front of 3 or 4 people, quite another in front of teeming hordes waiting to be shown how to groove. Not to mention the many passers-by at the Landmark Center...

January 04, 2010 5:38 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That Terry--a man of MANY talents :)

January 04, 2010 10:44 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Ahhhahahahahahaha!!!

January 08, 2010 4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page