January 23, 2010

Life Goes On

Yesterday was the March for Life and a Day of Penance to make reparation for the evil of abortion in the land. I worked, threw in a few extra prayers, gave blood. Because I donated blood, I was not able to fast as is my practice on January 22nd in years past.

A little over a week ago a violent earthquake hit our Catholic brothers and sisters in Haiti. I gave some money and I pray for them.

Friends have had illnesses hit their families. I commiserate and pray.

A couple friends have had family pets die. They are devastated. I commiserate and pray.

Life goes on though, doesn't it? I went to work thru all of it. I maintain my home. I received the Sacraments. I plan social events. Just because tragedy has hit someone else and paralyzed them doesn't mean I should be right?

It all seems so unreal. I don't think there are ever times I am reminded of how much I'm NOT like Christ than times like these. Christ felt everyone's pain. Just imagine if Christ only felt His pain. I feel inadequate in my responses. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

5 Comments:

Blogger belinda said...

Cathy!!!
I can't think of a better way to spend a pro-life day than by giving blood. I had never thought of it before.

Three times some wonderful souls had gave blood to save my baby's life. THREE TIMES. Blood is life. I hope to thank those persons some day.
The very least I can do is pray for them.

January 23, 2010 7:24 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I think we are all feeling the stress of what is happening much more than we realize, and for some of us, are willing to admit...

January 23, 2010 9:07 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

((((Cath))))) God bless your sensitive soul!! Those feelings are all a prayer, you know. God is pleased with you.

January 24, 2010 12:16 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks my friends.

Belinda: Yes, I heartily recommend people donate blood if they are eligible. Blood donors are ALWAYS needed. I'm a regular and have a popular blood type-the bank calls me when I'm "due". It so happened they were collecting at my workplace on Friday, January 22nd-the "coincidence" did not escape me.

January 24, 2010 2:31 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Cathy of Alex; I am reading about the English Martyrs/Recusants during the awful years of Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, et. al.
It reminds me so much of what we have to suffer now and may have to suffer in the future...choosing Jesus and His Church over the state.
We are just being prepared for something; have no idea what, exactly.
But it's in the "air"...not just sin, not just infidelity...but absolute evil. apostasy. hatred of God. persecution of His Church.
Pray to have the virtues of the martyrs, folks.
It may be white martyrdom (persecution, mistreatment, taxation)...it may be red martyrdom: giving your life-blood in witness to Jesus.
Don't want to sound like a fanatic here, but we have to prepare.
God is good. God is faithful. Jesus is the Lord!

January 24, 2010 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page