December 11, 2009

Cathy's Christmas Dream

PEACE ON EARTH! Or, a Nobel Peace Prize!

Seriously.

I don't put up a tree anymore-not enough room in my small house. I used to put one up in the porch but it's even cramped out there. Also, right now it's too cold to go stand out in my unheated porch and put a tree up. Another reason for not putting a tree up is if I were to put one up inside my house, my cats would knock it down.

Last night, I had a dream....Last night I was dozing (I've never caught myself snoring yet!) and I heard a big thump! "Oh, great, the tree in my front yard just fell on the house!" I looked outside. No, the tree was still standing but I could see a white figure standing near it. "Lord?" I queried, as I tried to do a quick examination of conscience. The white figure replied: "Nein".

"Your Holiness!" as I almost broke my left kneecap collapsing like a sail to the ground. "Please come in. Would you like some coffee or bacon?" "Nein, I haf kom to vbring you a Chreestmas tree. Vee know Chreestmas trees in Bavaria and it's almost a scandal that you don't haf one!" He extended his arms and in their wide embrace was a beautifully lighted tree.

And I heard him exclaim as he disappeared out of sight "Auf wiedersehn, gute nacht!"

I suddenly awoke. It was all a dream--or was it??!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You totally and completely have made my day, Cathy! Well, you and His Holiness....

Bede

December 11, 2009 8:54 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I don't know, Cath! If that was really HH, that tree wouldn't have had a star on top; it would have been an angel, maybe a real one with no immediate duties assigned.

December 11, 2009 9:30 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cath - cool dream - did you feel really consoled? I had a dream of the Holy Father once too - I felt so consoled and peace filled. He gave you a tree to place in your heart - to warm and illuminate.

I also had a dream last night - that Susan Boyle was at Mass singing hymns the way they should be sung. Not quite the same as your dream however - although Susan sang beautifully.

December 11, 2009 11:29 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

You always get the coolest dreams!
Thanks for the giggle, dearie.

December 11, 2009 5:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: I like that dream.

December 12, 2009 2:54 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

Dear Cathy, maybe you would consider a wreath that is hung up out of your cats reach. I've seen holy family ornaments (sp?) that are really sweet. You could decorate it a little more every Christmas and store it away with the pieces firmly attached and in a plastic wreath box... just an idea.

December 12, 2009 3:56 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

BELINDA! You're back! Hi!

Yes, I do put up a wreath in the porch. I usually buy one from the Boy Scouts. However, this year since I was not working when the Scouts were selling, I did not buy from them. I'll probably have to go out and buy one from a garden store-oh, the humanity!

December 13, 2009 1:59 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

Cathy how sweet of you to notice that I was gone. My social anxiety and "mom" responsibilities have kept me away at times. ( gosh, I didn't think anyone noticed - or really cared for that matter - no pity party , just keeping it real)
*******************************
After Christmas the wreaths at the hobby stores go on sale and some are very realistic and beautiful.
******************************
Say, will you be baking some cookies for your "diaper dumping" neighbors? The baby wranglers !

December 13, 2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Belinda: Alas, no, there is not that much peace upon the earth!

December 14, 2009 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page