December 31, 2009

Catholic Awards: Catholic Moment of the Year 2009 A.D.

In year's past I've taken it upon myself to judge a "Catholic of the Year" and a "Dissident Catholic of the Year".

I'm not going to this year. Maybe not again ever.

I've decided that I'm still the worst Catholic and the biggest sinner that I know and who am I, Lord, to judge others and label them? Maybe, as Adoro keeps telling me, I have matured.

I decided, instead, to grant a "Catholic MOMENT of the Year"

How did you feel, in your heart, my Catholic brothers and sisters, when you saw these photos out of Kansas City, Kansas, in November?





These are photos of the Eucharistic procession of the National Catholic Youth Conference from Sprint Center to the Convention Center. (Photos from the Catholic Key Blog) Some 22,000 youth followed the Lord.

Sure, the Conference had "movement and song" stuff (read: gives Cathy a headache) but I gave loud "Hosannas!" and "Thanks Be to Jesus Christ!" when I saw such a multitude in a Eucharistic procession!! If only I had that kind of faith when I was younger. If only I HAD faith.

The photos gave me hope, the true hope, that is present (and is THE present) in the season of the Birth of the Christ Child. Possibilities.

Nothing is impossible in and with Christ. Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

No way Hon - I'm the biggest sinner of the year and a big fat hypocrite too.

December 31, 2009 2:56 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Them's fighting words! I am!

Who ever thought it would come to this? Me and Ter fighting over the right to be called "biggest sinner" Maybe we need a reality contest for that! :-)

December 31, 2009 2:58 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

I got goosebumps when I saw the photos. Eucharistic processions are SO powerful!

December 31, 2009 5:08 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I could win easily - I could spew foul language and insults at you - oh wait - I kinda do that already!

December 31, 2009 6:15 PM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

Terry and Cathy: I wanna be the biggest sinner, come on, I wanna be that!(Just consult the conferes here:<)!)
Okay.
Whatever.
And yes, that procession was just MAGNIFICENT!

December 31, 2009 11:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter and Father: It's so ON!

Well, maybe we should aim for "Most Repentant or Most Reformed Sinner of 2010?"

January 01, 2010 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page