December 12, 2009

Bigfoot Sightings are Bogus!!!!!

It's really Krampus!!!! The appearance of Krampus is more serious than the world ending in 2012, but it's even better than the movie! Ok, ANYTHING is better than the movie! Jon Cryer say ANYTHING! Please. Call your agent.

I decided to dig deep, deep, WAY deep into my extensive back catolog (I said they were extensive-not good!) and present this Christmas story from December 2007.It's a cautionary, yet heartwarming, tale with a good dose of familial wisdom and ancestral history from the Old Country.

Draw closer, my children, to the fire and have another cup of hot cocoa. When I was a young chickie, not much older then you are now, my Mom and her Dad used to entertain us with Tales of Krampus. I'm sure it was because my Grandfather was an immigrant from Poland. Krampus is a popular Yuletide character in the lands of Germany, Poland, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Krampus is a sidekick of St. Nikolaus. Yes, you probably all know St. Nick as Santa Claus!

Krampus is a rather sad and neglected character. I'm sure Krampus has built up a healthy dose of rage these days since he's so ignored. But, I bet "business" is good for Krampus these days, my kiddies. Oh, yes, indeed, business is good. Uh-hum, where was I? Oh, yes.

If you aren't a good child during Advent and if you don't say your prayers, Krampus is going to come in the night, put you in his sack and take you away. We will never see you again. If he's feeling merciful, he may decide to leave you with us. But, you will get a stick and an onion as Christmas gifts. The stick is to beat you. The onion is to rub in your eyes.

Sweet dreams. Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

I remember you writing about this in 2007.

I'm going to tell Toby about Krampus and hopefully get him to behave at least for the next couple of weeks (I'm sure Krampus fears Toby much more than Toby fears Krampus).

Yep, he's that bad:0)

December 13, 2009 1:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

I think you need more Toby pictures! He's so cute. Animals can sure test our patience, can't they? I know there are some days my cats, oooh. But, I love them though.

December 13, 2009 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page