November 20, 2009

Jesus, I Trust In You!

Jesus, I Trust In You!

The ‘slogan’ of Divine Mercy. The phrase I clung to this summer as I was, willfully, unemployed and underemployed. I cast out into the deep without guarantee of a line to pull me back into the boat.

I trusted in the Lord to provide and He did. I had uncertainty but, surprisingly, little fear. I knew that I would have a roof over my head. I knew that family or friends would assist where and when they could if I needed them. It turns out that I only had to rely on prayer from others.

Prayer is the best gift a stranger can give you. Offers of prayer mean much to me. Prayers kept me afloat. Knowing others prayed for me gave me a lot of strength. Prayer kept my attitude positive and kept me working hard at looking for a job.

I’m so happy to be where I am now. Employed-yes. But, even more so, I’m happy that I’m at the point in my life where I Trust. A few years ago, I would never have trusted the Lord as much as I do now.

Trust in the Lord always!

9 Comments:

Blogger nazareth priest said...

You speak well of the power of prayer, Cathy.
Our entire lives, as monastic religious, is based upon this...
Your sincere and eloquent 'apologia', so to speak, of the power of prayer, is the very source of our lives, as Christians.
We are called to do active works of mercy; but our main calling, all of us, is to plead before the Heavenly Father for all of His children.
Bless you!

November 20, 2009 8:20 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Father: My prayer life in the past year has matured greatly. Not, solely, because of this last summer. I give much credit to Our Lady. Once I started praying the Rosary daily, my heart changed.

Reading Scripture, daily, has helped as well.

Also, I can't say enough about Adoration. I've had my weekly hour for 3-4 years now.

However, I think the daily Rosary is, really, what helped me the most with prayer. Consciously making that daily time-15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes to pray the Rosary is very meaningful for me.

November 20, 2009 8:31 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Awesome. Just awesome. What else can I say?

Prayer works WONDERS.

November 20, 2009 9:08 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

amen, amen...

November 20, 2009 9:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Adoro: I know you know this. I'm well aware you've taken some leaps of faith yourself, my friend.

Anna B: Indeed.

November 20, 2009 9:16 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I know!

November 20, 2009 9:34 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

I thought bacon had something to do with it too.

I agree...I started saying the Divine Mercy chaplet daily about a year ago and believe it has really impacted my life in many ways, subtle things, things you don't even notice except in retrospect.

November 21, 2009 10:40 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: I know you know! :-)

Swissy: I can give bacon credit only for my waistline.

November 22, 2009 12:43 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

I am so happy for you! The DM is the best!

November 22, 2009 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page