November 13, 2009

The Cat Ate My Blog Post

Gentle Reader: Many times, I’ll contemplate a blog post. I’ll map it out in my mind and sit down on the couch with my laptop in my lap. I’ll start writing and then…..one of my cats, usually Kaylen, comes and jumps on my lap. What to do? Remove kitty and keep typing? Or, put laptop away and snuggle with kitty? I usually chose the latter.I’m not doing homework; not even work work. There may come a day when there is a critical deadline that requires me to keep typing away. Not today.

Or, I sit down with my laptop and one of my cats, usually Sodak, decides now he wants to play. This means, wave the string with the feather attached so he can leap up and catch it. He also enjoys stalking it as I drag it around the house. Once again, cat wins, blog post vanishes.

Sometimes I may remember the post later, or I may have typed enough that I can pick up the thread of my thoughts later. Sometimes not. Sometimes it’s gone. It may have been the greatest blog post ever. Gone.

Oh well.

There are times you just need to step away from the blog. Whether it means quality time with cats or spending time in prayer or visiting with a loved one or suddenly deciding to go to Mass; sometimes writing about life is not as important as living it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

Real life is always more important than blogging!

November 14, 2009 12:29 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Cat real life well win every time...

November 14, 2009 4:11 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Good mama, happy cats... It's good when they feel like playing!

November 14, 2009 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page