October 16, 2009

Life!

Women are being forced to have abortions in more nations than China. Don't believe me? Argent has a horrifying post. Folks, this happened in the United States!

We should all be praying, donating money, stuffing envelopes, doing whatever we can for the cause of life.

If you are unable to make a commitment to an organized event; i.e. you have no transportation, you are not available at certain times, broke, there is no reason you cannot send up a prayer before bed, when you get up, before lunch. Send up a prayer to Our Lady. Ask for her intercession. Ask for her help affecting conversions. Ask for her to intercede so that a life can be saved.

Sometimes, I know, sometimes it seems like nothing good is happening. Sometimes, it seems like it doesn't make a difference so why bother? Does it make a difference to YOU? Do you rest securely when you know, honestly know, that you've done all you could?

I'm taking time out of my job searching this afternoon and heading to the Highland Park (St. Paul, MN, Planned Parenthood on Ford Parkway)abortuary with my Rosary. 3:00 p.m. the Legion of Mary will host the vigil and pray the Rosary. If you can be there, wonderful! If you can join us in prayer, no matter where you are: great!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Hi Cathy,

I just attended my first meeting by Minnesota CCL at our church this past wednesday.

I live in the south metro. I wish I could attend the rosary in St Paul today, but am unable to. How can I stay connected to events like this in the area?

I will be praying.

October 16, 2009 8:23 AM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

I will certainly join you all in prayer.
What a sad state of affairs everywhere - even here in Europe, it's nowhere any better :(

October 16, 2009 8:44 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Christa: The Legion of Mary and/or Knights of Columbus occasionally organize these vigils. Pro-Life Action of Minnesota is another to watch. The Archdiocese sometimes publishes these events in their calendar and Relevant Radio (1330 am) will sometimes publicize during their local news breaks.

Thanks, Gabriella!

October 16, 2009 9:55 AM  
Blogger nazareth priest said...

God bless you, Cathy. And may more take your exhortation.
We must defend life at all stages, with our prayers, our money, and our efforts.
Otherwise, it's going to be "hell".

October 16, 2009 10:58 AM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

Talk about walking the walk!!

The best to you and I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

October 17, 2009 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page