October 28, 2009

Cat Update

Gentle Reader: Just an update. My cats are still fine after the disaster of last week. I contacted the vet Monday and they have called me back twice. They, too, are very concerned about what could have happened. They filed a "case" with the feline leukemia vaccine manufacturer (Pfizer) along with the vaccine numbers and my name and contact info in case they want to get in touch with me. The vet mentioned a couple other patients had reactions as well but not as serious as mine. That went in the file to the manufacturer as well.

I have no intention of suing anyone. However, I'm not sure I'd be this non-litigious if my cats had serious permanent damage or had died as a result of what may have happened.

I always think it is worth it to speak up. I'd hate to see something bad happen to someone else's pet and I could have done something to stop it. Those of you who have suffered the loss of an animal buddy, know how devastating it is.

7 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I'm glad they are okay - Agnes and Celine are pretty sure it is due to their prayers.

Celine said you should sue for a year's supply of Fancy Feast. Agnes just threw-up.

October 28, 2009 8:45 PM  
Blogger Tom in Vegas said...

"Those of you who have suffered the loss of an animal buddy, know how devastating it is."

You got that right. Like I wrote on my previous comments, to see them that sick would have had me on edge. Thankfully, your cats seem to be doing just fine and I hope they continue that way. I'm also very pleased to hear that your vet had the decency of calling you on multiple occasions to see how they were doing. Perhaps that explains why you've been with her for so long.

I've had the same vet since 1986! (Different pets, of course)

October 28, 2009 8:50 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Glad the kitties are feeling better!

October 29, 2009 11:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: I'm sure Agnes and Celine are correct. Cats always are. There is not point in arguing with them.

Tom: I've had this vet since I moved to this area in 2001. She put my old cat to sleep after caring for him for a few years (she was crying too) and then was with me as I got Kaylen and Sodak. She's a huge cat lover. She has 4 cats in her house. She's very pro-life. She has several kids too! I've seen her thru 3 pregnancies! I think she has 5 kids. Solid family. Christian person. We've talked about faith and prayer but I don't know what her faith tradition is.

Thanks Angel Baby!

October 29, 2009 12:38 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I like good news...

October 29, 2009 1:46 PM  
Blogger Melody K said...

Cathy, I'm so glad your cats are doing better! I missed the previous post about them being sick. I have two cats also, so I totally sympathize with you. Your vet sounds like a sweetie.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have read some troubling things lately about adjuvanted vaccines (they have ingredients added to stimulate the immune reaction). But on the other hand my brother uses them for his calves all the time and says he's never had a problem.

October 31, 2009 2:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks Auntie and Melody!

November 01, 2009 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page