October 30, 2009

Bishops Call to Action!

Whenever I hear "Call to Action!" I want to be clear I don't mean "those guys"!

Many of you reading this blog already know that the USCCB is directing every parish in the United States to distribute a message regarding the necessary opposition to the abortion provisions being considered in the health care bills before Congress.

You can read more about what the Bishops said, including the official messages, here.

I heard about this yesterday. The lovely, Miz Laura and I were IM'ing and she said "Hey, Cathy, did you see the press release?" and she sent me the link. That's how fast knowledge is disseminated these days.

Unfortunately, if your parish is as humble as mine, your bulletin for this Sunday's Mass was already back from the printers by Thursday. That means: inserts and/or bulletin board postings.

I immediately forwarded the information to our parish office. Our pastor is solidly pro-life so I have no worries that he will fail to mention it.

Some of us are not so fortunate in our pastors or our parish office staff. I know there are parishes that are willfully going to fail to mention what the Bishop called for.

That's why I'm putting up this blog post. Another attempt to get the word out.

If your pastor is not going to mention it and your bulletin is silent, this may be a time to employ some guerilla tactics like: "accidentally" leaving flyers in pews, "mistakenly" putting these up on the bulletin board, "coincidentally" putting flyers on parishioners cars, and "stealthily" handing them out at the doors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Our bulletins are back from the printers but the inserts are stuffed on Friday so I'm wondering why it wasn't there. Maybe next week...

November 01, 2009 12:56 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

It was kind of short notice.

November 01, 2009 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page