September 08, 2009

Prayer Request

Gentle Reader: Please pray for the repose of the soul of my maternal Grandmother who died one year ago today.

A very kind friend was driving to South Dakota for the long holiday weekend, just past, and offered me a ride. Without the offer, I would not have been able to go. The kindness of people never ceases to astound me; especially since I often feel undeserving.

It was a great weekend but it was emotional walking back into Grandma's house. It's the first time I've been back in there since I last visited her a few days before her death.

She died in the house, well cared for by her surviving children and other family members. I tend to think a lot about "end of life" and "palliative" care. My family's had a lot of experience with it. I think of the sacrifices made so a loved one can go with dignity and in their own home. It's not easy. But, if it's at all possible, it's SO worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Done!!

I lost my maternal grandma when I was 9 (do the math) and I still miss her...

September 08, 2009 11:07 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let Perpetual Light shine upon her. Amen.

(((Cathy)))) hugs

September 08, 2009 10:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Auntie: So, 5 years ago? :-)

Gette: Thanks!

September 08, 2009 11:11 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Her, O Lord . . . .

September 09, 2009 6:49 PM  
Blogger American History said...

Keeping her in our prayers. We submitted a prayer request to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher thanks to http://HolyLandPrayer.com. God bless.

September 20, 2009 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page