September 28, 2009

The Heart Can Be Filled Anywhere On Earth

This post is not going to offend people, I'm not afraid, and I'm going to write it anyway!!! :->



Above is a photo of where I'll probably be living in a few months if I don't find a full-time job soon. Unfortunately, it's not in Adrienne's back yard. It has room for company. But, I know if Adoro sees a spider she'll take out the entire south wall. Crescat will probably set fire to the place in an effort to force us into a Ramada that I can't pay for.

This is not a whine. This is reality.

The Lord, however, will provide. He always does. I'm not saying that to be a snark. I really mean it. He's always provided for me. Even when I rejected Him, He provided. Even when I was wallowing in extreme mortal sin, He provided.

A tent? So be it.

I accept His plan for me. I accepted it, the day I walked out of my last job after nearly two years of continual verbal and emotional abuse by my boss. I took comfort in the fact that I lasted longer than anyone else. I attribute the longevity to prayer and Our Lady.

The author, Bill Holm, could have lived anywhere he wanted. He chose, however, to return to the small town he grew up in; Minneota, Minnesota: Population 1,449. He wrote a book about why he accepted it: The Heart Can Be Filled Anywhere on Earth. I love that book, but he almost needn't have bothered to write it. Not for my sake anyway. His entire life illustrated his love of place and why he was where he was.

I could focus on how Bill Holm returned to his town because he was broke but we all have choices. He still could have gone somewhere else but he returned to what he knew. I made a choice to strike out. You could say I returned to what I knew: Christ, except this time I never left Him.

Bill Holm's book is a story of acceptance. My life, still in progress, is too.

My entire life should tell the story of why I am where I am. Tent? House? Shelter? Car?

I've given my entire life to Christ; and my life, my actions, should reflect that. I can live in, with and thru Christ anywhere and doing anything. It should be obvious to anyone, no matter my life's circumstances that is the life I have chosen.

The Heart CAN Be Filled Anywhere on Earth. I may not mean it the same way Bill Holm did, but the Life in Christ can be lived anywhere on Earth.

I kind of ribbed my buddy, Adoro, at the top of this post. This last is for her too: the heart can be filled ANYWHERE on earth.

11 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

Those mountains look like the ones in my town....you could come live here!

But seriously - prayers ascend.

September 28, 2009 9:37 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks Angel Baby.

September 29, 2009 9:02 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Bill Holm is, sadly, was, a wonderful writer. Holm and Keillor (and P.G. Wodehouse) are writers whose work is like poetry or paintings. You savor, recall and then re-read their sentences, slowly, and then enjoy them.

God Bless You, Cath. It's gotta be scary. But with faith, the Mountain will come to Mohammed.

September 29, 2009 11:22 AM  
Blogger Argent said...

Praying hard for your, Cathy.

September 29, 2009 8:58 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

praying for you...

September 29, 2009 9:52 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Tomorrow is the transitus of St. Therese - so I beg her for a miracle - I want you to get a job. Gosh!

September 29, 2009 10:30 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I'll be praying for you at adoration this afternoon.

September 30, 2009 11:58 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Ter!

September 30, 2009 12:30 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

Big boy purple ninja says there's room here for another ninja... just keep yer hands off his Scooby Doo stuff and all is well.

Praying still! Peace during this difficult time.

September 30, 2009 6:17 PM  
Blogger Melody K said...

Praying for you to soon find a job that isn't crappy.
Bill Holmes' book sounds interesting; maybe when our son's wedding is over I can catch up on reading.

September 30, 2009 6:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Give Big Boy RED (he told me so) Ninja a hug for me. Remind him that there is room for only one in his twin bed. :-)

Melody: Yes, it's a good book. Full of folksy stories that some folks sneer at but that I enjoy. In fact, I should read it again. Good luck with the wedding!

September 30, 2009 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page