August 02, 2009

Weekend

While my buddy, Adoro is on a monastery visit, I'm staying at her house under the watchful eye of the real Queen of the house: the German Shepherd-alias Fuzzy Butt, alias Furry Butt, alias My Pretty Girl, alias Sweetheart. I'm wise enough to the ways of the Shepherd to know that I'm able to stay there, without her chewing on my neck overnight, because she has accepted me.

This is probably the 3rd (4th?) time I've stayed with her and she is protective of me. Already, she has lunged at a jogger, a biker, and a motorcyclist on my behalf. I expected she might and was ready so no harm was done. They came up from behind us and I know she doesn't like that.

This morning during our after Mass walk, she perceived that the in-ground sprinkler was a threat and attacked it as it was watering the lawn. She did not neutralize the threat, but she put it in its place. Here she is, content, that she saved the world as she knows it, yet again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Aren't dogs cool? I could live in a remote woods with a dog, my cats and not much else.

August 02, 2009 4:18 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

WHAT? No human companionship? Oh, I get it! LOL!

I think you'd need your Bible and Psalter.

August 03, 2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Yup, that's my girl! ;-)

August 03, 2009 2:47 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

She's beautiful!

August 03, 2009 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page