August 13, 2009

Food Post: An Evening with Bede

Gentle Reader: In a prior, whine, er, post I complained there are not enough photos of food online. In an effort to help remedy this glaring oversight, I forced myself to go eat some very good food. I dragged my innocent buddy, Bede, along with me. Bede, being the trooper that she is, suffered for my sake. It was especially tough for her when I chose Cafe Latte as our penance. Oh, the humanity! What a great friend is Bede! A lesser friend would surely have run at such a demand.

My dinner in foreground: Smoked Turkey breast with avocado, tomato, cucumbers, spinach leaves on wheat (I threw some Dijon on it because you can never have enough good mustard.) Bede had a chedder broccoli soup and a really good looking roll (I forgot to ask her what kind of roll). I was a little put out that they replaced the fresh tortilla chips with this bagged stuff..but, they were still ok.


Bede's dessert: Chocolate cake with a raspberry buttercream frosting.


My dessert: Raspberry cheesecake and a mug of coffee. I don't normally drink coffee this late in the day but dessert just cries out for after dinner coffee, IMHO.


Bede wants us all to know that world peace may be obtainable with enough cheesecake for all!


Bede also wanted me to tell you all that she figured out the best way to hug me-by standing on a step. And, I wasn't even wearing my heels!!!!

I've figured out the best way to hug me is just to hug me-period.

Thanks, Bede!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It was a Canadian Harvest roll and had wild rice in it. Yummmm! Er, I mean, always happy to help in the cause of Cathy's blog!

Bede

August 13, 2009 10:00 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

(((HUGS))))

August 13, 2009 10:50 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Bede!

Angel Baby: Thanks for the hug! :-) Back at ya!

August 14, 2009 8:44 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Big hugs - massively big hugs from me.

(You are getting like Fr. - food posts.)

August 14, 2009 9:22 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

((((((Cathy)))))) *huggles*

August 14, 2009 9:53 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Oh--totally offtopic here: I deleted my facebook account! too many things to keep track of, in RL and OLL (er, that's "online life", not "Our Lady of Lourdes" just in case you were wondering :-)

I know, I am such a quitter! LOL My email address remains unchanged, and forever, however.

August 14, 2009 9:56 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Gette - I deleted mine too. I also have a new email address.

August 14, 2009 11:05 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Gette: I noticed you disappeared. Ter bailed a while back!

August 14, 2009 1:08 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cath, yes, Ter started the trend....and Ter has a new email address, eh? no wonder you don't' respond to my emails!! At least the both of you have continued your blogs, faithfully. (Not counting the little hiccups here and there, of course!)

August 15, 2009 4:11 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

"My dessert: Raspberry cheesecake and a mug of coffee."

I want some.

August 15, 2009 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page