July 04, 2009

Happy Birthday, America! A Call Out



Happy Birthday, America!

Thank you to all of our veterans serving and who have served. A special thank you to our allies. I'm thinking in a special way of Angela's son: our Canadian friends.

After I finished my grueling gutter cleaning episode this morning, in which I sucessfully killed a maple tree trying to root in my gutter, I decided to call Terry because he's usually around.

[Phone ringing....and ringing....and ringing...and ringing]

Terry [answers]: Who died?
Me: It's me!
Terry: Cath! Whew! I thought for a minute there it was my family!
Me: I know.
Terry: I almost didn't answer the phone [pause and laughs]! Well, I almost didn't answer the phone anyway!
Me: I know
Terry: Not because it was you!
Me: I know
Terry: I don't have caller ID anyway
Me: I know
Terry: What's going on? What's Ray done now?
Me: [laughing] Nothing, that I know of. Oh, I mean Ray! [laughing]
Terry: Ray's always in trouble, you know.
Me: [laughing] I was wondering if you wanted to go to a movie today?
Terry: With you?
Me: No, with Mrs. Rabitowitz and I'll buy! [pause] Yes, ME, dope! [said with love]
Terry: What movie?
Me: Star Trek
Terry: Are there any priests behaving inappropriately or any rampant homosexuality? Because you know I'm always looking for blog material
Me: Uh, no, I doubt it.
Terry: Well, no, thanks. [pause] But, you knew I'd say "no" before you even asked, didn't you?
Me: Yes, but I don't want it said that I don't ask
Terry: [laughing] You and I and Ray need to go out again!
Me: Sure, Ter
Terry: I mean it!
Me: Sure
Terry: Please pray for me. I'll pray for you.
Me: I always do.
Terry: Thanks for calling! It's always great to hear from you!
Me: Same. 'bye! Give Mrs. Rabitowitz my regards.
Terry: Will do. 'bye!
[click]

12 Comments:

Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I have caller ID.

We should go out again.

July 04, 2009 11:57 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

He has caller ID and it took 32 rings before he answered? I think he disrespected you, Cath.

I don't have caller Id; but then nobody calls anyway. Of course, every spammer not in captivity sends me a half dozen messages every day.

July 04, 2009 12:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Hi Ter and Timmy! , er, Ray!

When I have more than a few dollars in the bank, we can. Father Z may not be able to get to England but I can't even get to south Minneapolis to buy buckwheat pancakes! I've had a craving for them thanks to someone...

July 04, 2009 12:32 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Are you talkin' about the Kamikaze special?

July 04, 2009 1:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Y'know, Cathy... it is NOT charitable of you to keep all the hot Catholic guys for yourself. I mean, come ON! Share a little!

Bede

July 04, 2009 9:32 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

You guys have all the fun --Minnesota is such a HOPPING place!

July 04, 2009 10:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Bede: Calm yourself. LOL!

Gette: Come on over! Even Terry would come out if you were here! LOL!

July 05, 2009 9:19 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Cath, wow--ya think he'd let me meet Mrs Rabitowitz?

July 05, 2009 8:18 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Terry has come out?! What's this?? (wink)

July 05, 2009 9:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Gette: He might!

Angel Baby: Here kitty, kitty...LOL

July 06, 2009 8:08 AM  
Blogger LarryD said...

I'm thinking of getting an unlisted number...

July 06, 2009 8:59 PM  
Blogger belinda said...

hahahahahaha
That cracked me up!

July 10, 2009 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page