June 20, 2009

A Month of Sondays

Gentle Reader: I'm restless and restive at the same time. I'm unsettled. I'm grateful for my temp job but anxious because I know it's not permanent.

Like most of us I want security. I think.

I just realized, I have security.

I have the security of the Lord. Always.

I look forward to Sunday, Sonday. I consecrate that day to the Lord. The Lord is #1on Sunday.

The Lord should be #1 every day. I try, but it is not always so. Job. Food. Sleep. Life. Family. We can journey with Him anytime but there is so much noise.

I'm grateful that Sunday is the Lord's Day. I'm weak. I need the reminder.

I look foward to Mass. Prayers. Vespers. Scripture. The day off work. The day to hear bells. The day for Him.

It is so peaceful. Secure

What I wouldn't give for a month of Sondays.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Or six Sundays a week and only one working day!

Thank you for the inspiration. I don't pray enough.

June 20, 2009 8:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't forget Saturdays! Saturdays are good too. There's confession, and then Vigil mass. Personally, I believe in stretching Sunday out as much as possible!

Bede

June 20, 2009 8:40 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: Me neither

Bede: I learn so much from you.

June 21, 2009 9:40 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Oh how sweet....happy Sonday, dear Cathy! :)

June 21, 2009 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page