June 22, 2009

In A World Gone Mad...

Ok, so all the priests have left town.....if you have serious sins to confess, pray that you don't die between now and Friday.

LOL!

Ok, that's not funny but this heat has gone to my head.

Can we talk? Aren't Minnesotans supposed to go NORTH in the summer? So, why are all the priests in Rochester? Will someone tell the Archbishop, who is from Detroit, he should take all the priests to Brainerd?!? A weekend at Madden's on all of us! Yeah!

Apparently, anyone can convene a Synod these days so Ray and Terry and I are going to "be church", and "play eucharist" while all the priests are gone. In some circles this is called "Word and Communion".

Rumors are flying that I was busted over the weekend wearing shorts and a t-shirt to Mass. Lies spread by my detractors!!!!! "nuff said.

Ok, so I posted something and it's crazy! Now, everyone quit bugging me to blog!

Luv and kisses, eh!?

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Cathy, maybe you need some of my 'special' iced tea....

Bede

June 22, 2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cath. Let's run away together. OK then.

June 22, 2009 10:30 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

http://lovedsinner.blogspot.com/2009/06/for-cathy-and-terry-behave-yourself.html

June 22, 2009 10:44 PM  
Blogger RJW said...

All sounds reasonable to me

June 22, 2009 11:32 PM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Air kiss! Mwah! Mwah! You rock, Babe!

June 22, 2009 11:35 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Bede: Yes!

Angel Baby: Back at ya!

RJW: Yes.

Ter: Fine idea.

June 23, 2009 6:49 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

You know we'd have to send for the Arhcdiocesan deprogramming team if you decide to "be church," right? A Haz-mat team would rifle through your closets, evicting all polyester pantsuits, tie-dye vestments and any other items that would pose potential conflicts. This may or may not include pita bread.

June 23, 2009 5:13 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Sorry to say that Cath was a much better blogger when she was unemployed. But I'm not going to sabotage her new temp job.

I need her in a good mood for the "Be Church" Synod we Three Fashionplates (Terry, Cath & Moi) are planning.

This is going to be great and we're going to charge admission and become rich! [in graces]

June 23, 2009 7:31 PM  
Blogger JOGKNIGHT said...

I hope you were joking about not having a priest and dieing, if not I was told by a priest before that If you die, before receiving a confession, and you had the intention of going, and you've told God you're sorry already, then you're still good to go.

June 24, 2009 1:41 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

JOGKNIGHT: I'm not sure about that. That's the whole point. Why take a chance? I don't presume to know God's intentions anyway. Plus, what if you want to receive Viaticum?

June 24, 2009 7:33 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: I barely blogged when I was out of a job. Oh, yeah I get it.

LOL!

June 24, 2009 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page