June 14, 2009

The Hard Teaching


"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.
I am the bread of life.
Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died;
this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die.
I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."--
Gospel of St. John 6:47-51

For Catholics, to believe every Sunday those words of The Christ is to accept the teaching that drove, and continues to drive, so many away from The Truth.

Today is the day to take to the streets, sing to the Lord, make a joyful noise, publicly pray! I hope you are able to participate in a Corpus Christi procession.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

I will be posting photos and/or video tomorrow.

June 13, 2009 8:57 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Procession? What's that?

June 14, 2009 8:55 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angel Baby: Yeah!

Adrienne: You know, the pork procession!

June 14, 2009 9:16 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Oh, yeah - silly me...

June 15, 2009 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page