May 27, 2009

Father Lee Piche Named Auxiliary Bishop


My Pastor and Vicar-General, Father Lee Piche, has just been named by His Holiness as Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis.

At St. Andrew, this past weekend, we just celebrated his 25th Anniversary of Ordination. Now this. Wow!

Now, he's not just my Pastor. Well, technically, he never totally was, but I feel I had "dibs" on him. Now, I HAVE to share him with all of you. *sigh*

I've served with Father on the Parish Council. He's very kind, a good listener, raises good questions, direct, honest, self-deprecating. He always wants to wait on me when I visit the Rectory and I know the Parish Secretary's have told me the same thing. He's always checking to see if he can do anything for your comfort. A good host. A model of service.

We are very lucky. We were lucky to have him even before this elevation. We are lucky to have all ANY of our priests. Period.

He tells howlingly bad jokes. He knows it. He's able to pull it off. LOL!

5 Comments:

Anonymous L. said...

Great news! I'm happy we'll have him in the archdiocese, but I'm sure he'll be missed by your parish too!

May 27, 2009 11:51 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Fr Piche followed Fr (now Bp) Campbell as the Pastor of the Church of St Joseph in WSP, MN

May 27, 2009 12:05 PM  
Anonymous L. said...

Oh and could you remember Fr. Dan Ostdiek, beloved chaplain at STA...he passed away Tuesday night from cancer. May he rest in peace. Thanks Cathy!

May 28, 2009 1:06 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

L: Prayers here!

May 28, 2009 3:31 PM  
Blogger swissmiss said...

A homeschooling friend recently stated how ironic this is...the board of UST removed the Archbishop from the board. Father Piche is on the board and is now a bishop :)

May 28, 2009 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page