April 07, 2009

Prayer Vigil On Good Friday

Gentle Reader: For the 3rd year in a row I will be joining the regular Good Friday prayer vigil before the Highland Park Planned Parenthood abortuary at 1965 Ford Parkway in St. Paul MN. The official vigil is from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. but there is nothing that says you HAVE to stick to those hours or you can ONLY vigil or pray there on Good Friday. In fact, you don't even have to go there to pray that the place is closed down and pray that "clients" will turn away.

Just PRAY. If you can support pro-life organizations financially that would be fantastic as well. Three of my favorites are Pro-Life Across America Pro-Life Action Ministries and Total LifeCare Centers

Archbishop Nienstedt will be leading the prayers at the Highland Park abortuary on Good Friday 2009 from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m.. The Franciscan Brothers of Peace will be leading in song between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m.

Don't forget that the regular Saturday Rosary, led by Father Thomas Dufner, outside of the Robbinsdale abortuary at 3821 W Broadway in Robbinsdale MN continues EVERY Saturday at 10:00 a.m.

Also, there are ongoing vigils outside HealthPartners Regions Hospital (which contains an abortuary) at 640 Jackson St in St. Paul.

I said that your presence at the vigils is not strictly necessary, but it helps when we are all there to hold each other up. I know it's tough. Believe me I know. I don't think it's ever tougher than on Good Friday, the day our Lord gave himself for us so that our sins may be forgiven, to hear the "other side" cheering that abortion is liberating and a "God-given right". My readers and friends know that I'm a big coffee drinker. They hand out coffee to the "other side" - probably the only time in my life I consider never drinking coffee. ever. again.

I find the Vigils affirming as well. It's very moving to me to stand with our brothers and sisters in other faith traditions. We may have many differences in doctrine, belief and practices but we can find a common unifier around respect for life. Interesting, how the "common ground" folks continue to believe that common ground means as far removed from God as possible.

Be there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

A new but regular reader here- your blog is fantastic! I would love to be involved with something like this. Sending prayers from Missouri! God Bless.

April 07, 2009 10:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Kelley!

April 08, 2009 10:38 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I will be with you in spirit....

April 08, 2009 10:54 AM  
Blogger Clayton said...

I attended as well. I've posted some of the audio, some photos, and a few thoughts of my own here:

http://www.doxaweb.com/blog/2009/04/good-friday-prayer-vigil.htm

April 10, 2009 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page