April 12, 2009

The Greatest Blog Post Ever



Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the sepulchre.
And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an Angel of the Lord descended from Heaven and came and rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
His appearance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow.
And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men.
But the Angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He has risen, as He said. Come, see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead, and behold, He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him. Lo, I have told you"--
The Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew 28:1-7

15 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Amen, Alleluia! Indeed, the best ever.

April 12, 2009 12:35 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Happy Easter, my friend! Alleluia! He is risen!

April 12, 2009 1:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Happy Easter!

April 12, 2009 6:56 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

He is truly risen! Alleluiah!

Happy Easter, dear Cathy!

April 12, 2009 7:06 AM  
Blogger Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Blessed Easter

April 12, 2009 8:58 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Happy Easter, Gette and Jackie!

April 12, 2009 11:15 AM  
Blogger ArchAngel's Advocate said...

I dunno. I think Mat, Mark, Luke, & John's were bigger. Happy Easter, Cathy!

April 12, 2009 2:41 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

He is risen! Happy Easter Cathy!

April 12, 2009 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resurrexit sicut dixit, Alleluia! Blessed Easter to you, and thanks for your fine blog.

April 12, 2009 5:38 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Happy Easter: Archangel, Tara and Anonymous!

April 12, 2009 6:02 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Happy Easter, Cathy....

April 12, 2009 6:30 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Christ is Risen! Alleluia!

P. S. When I woke up this morning to head to a friend's church on Easter (as I've said, I am tired of entertainment), I knew I had to send my voice teacher the customary text message for Easter. We've always exchanged texts for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I decided to text her for Easter.

I had to admit my hairs were sticking when I heard Händel, Beethoven, and other wonderful sacred music in church again. There's nothing like the great ones, and that is how it should always be for Easter. I do think, however, Hallelujah could be replased by Worthy is the Lamb That Was Slain. That's the piece that always has me enjoying the masterpiece considering Part III is all about Easter.

April 12, 2009 7:50 PM  
Blogger The Ironic Catholic said...

Blessed Easter to you!

April 12, 2009 9:29 PM  
Blogger ukok said...

A Holy and Happy Easter to you!

April 13, 2009 7:45 AM  
Blogger Argent said...

Happy Easter, Cath!

April 13, 2009 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page