April 29, 2009

Card Night



I had a few people over tonight for cards (from left to right): Terry, Trad Chris (modeling, as usual, the latest in unique headcovering!), me (I'm not sure I like my hair color-too light I think) and Adoro (Adoro cut her hair to gear up for her latest assault on Blog Trolls)

Off camera were: Bede and L who made a run to Cafe Latte to bring back dessert. Ray was in the kitchen checking the expiration dates on all the beer (Honestly, I appreciate it but does anyone think I leave beer sitting around THAT long?). Mitchell and Judith were at the door. I was afraid to let them in because I owe them a story. *sob*

Swissmiss was absent because she's on her way to a doctor. A true story. Please, pray for her.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

I wasn't checking on expiration dates so much as seeing if you had been squirreling away your good stuff, such as St. Pauli Girl, Summit's India Pale Ale, or, better yet, their brand new Horizon Red Ale.

I didn't need to check out the expiration dates on Horizon since it just came out last week.

April 30, 2009 7:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

I've not tried the Horizon yet.

Are you accusing me of serving my guests Bud while I kept the quality stuff hidden?

April 30, 2009 9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

thanks for a fun night Cathy!
I felt better after I got home and got that stupid arrow out of my head.

April 30, 2009 10:01 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, Ms. C of A, most hosts don't serve watered down rice beverages to guests they intend to honor. As the steward said at Cana, proper hosts don't save the good stuff for the end of the party.

April 30, 2009 10:09 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

I wish I could have come but when the Holy Father says he wants to play Bingo - what can you do?!

April 30, 2009 10:58 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Chris: I thought it was a feather? Guess, I need my eyes checked. I applaud your efforts at self-mortification!

Ray: Speaking of Cana, I was waiting for you to multiply the beverages. Meaning..Dude, I thought you were bringing the wine?!

Angela: It's always something. Ter was very upset when you did not show up. I'm sure that's why he resorted to cheating. He was so sad.

April 30, 2009 11:44 AM  
Anonymous L. said...

I realized when I got home that I forgot the rest of the Triple Chocolate cake...or did you stash it away so I would "accidentally" leave it? Hmmm.....

April 30, 2009 3:54 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Oh, now, L, come on!

*tee-hee*

May 01, 2009 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page