March 24, 2009

What The World Needs Now

Is Love, Sweet, Love….

[screeeeech]

Sorry, don’t know what happened there.

Look, even the Holy Father has a headache these days….



He’s probably heard about Obama and Notre Dame too…or maybe he’s read my recent blog posts and wishes his predecessor (Bless His Memory) had never said a word about “New Evangelization”

In any case let’s take A Moment of Divine Mercy

In a little over a week it will be time to start the Divine Mercy Novena in the 9 days leading up to Divine Mercy Sunday (the Sunday after Easter). You can pray a Novena at any time, of course, but many pray the specific Novena before the applicable Feast or Solemnity.

Often, Catholics pray the quick and easy (but potent) Divine Mercy Chaplet. You can pray the Chaplet with or without the Novena (or the Novena with or without the Chaplet). I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet at least once/day. It takes about 5 minutes. It’s an excellent reminder of Christ’s Sacrifice for us-you and me. Though we may be different we are all sinners.

Now, I know some of you don’t like to hear that. That’s fine for you, Cathy. You be a sinner, but I’m just fine.

Christ died for all of us whether we admit it or not. If we were not sinners, He’d either still be here or God would never have sent Him. Think about it.

Oh, yeah, what does pro multis really mean again?

I often use the DM Chaplet along with the 3 Hail Mary’s before the Mysteries kick off in the Holy Rosary as a charity check on my cranky head. I’m often accused of a lack of charity. I often accuse myself of a lack of charity-just ask my Confessor. Well, he will not tell you anyway so take my word for it!

I have an image of the Divine Mercy at my desk. Not an accident. If you know my struggles in the work arena, you know this is not an accident.

The blogosphere could use a dose of Divine Mercy. Seriously, I know it’s bad when I’m not the crankiest person around.

I’ve read a lot of Catholic bloggers getting attacked lately-Catholic priestly bloggers have been especially singled out of late. Often, it’s not even the post content that sets people off. Frustrated and angry people are using the comboxes as an opportunity to air their personal ideas, beliefs and grievances in an uncharitable way.

Let me take a moment to send a deep curtsy to all the solidly Catholic Blogging, Tweeting, Plurking, My Spacing, Facebooking, Podcasting, priests, deacons, religious and seminarians out there. It’s not like they have nothing else to do, or nothing else they could be doing, but they are called to evangelize thru the New Media.

I’d hate to see Catholic bloggers quit because they get discouraged. I’d especially hate to see solid Catholic bloggers quit because they have Trolls sitting on their blog who are angry that someone is rattling their bridge too close to their cave.

Don’t get angry and attack the Troll in response. Cling close to the Son.

We all get attacked. It’s part of being a solid Christian. It’s part of evangelizing for the Faith. Just remember: Charity, always, Charity.

Often your enemies are honestly seeking but they hide it with anger and rage directed at you.

Personally, I'm memorizing the Te Deum because I feel like hard times are coming. If I'm led to the scaffold, I'm sure as heck not caterwauling "Gift of Finest Wheat!"

11 Comments:

Blogger Adoro said...

Oh, I figured "I will Raise You Up" would be more your style.

"And I will ray-aise you up! I will ray-aise you up! And I will RAAAAAA-AISE YOU U-UP ON THE LA-AST DAY!"


*ducking*

March 24, 2009 8:15 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Actually, I'm offended, haven't been hit by trolls in a long time.

I think the pic of our suffering Lord chases them away.

March 24, 2009 8:16 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

I've been trying to be good... it is hard though.
.
The chaplet is the best.

March 24, 2009 9:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ter: I know.

Adoro: You got away just in time! LOL! What? My Ninja photo isn't enough to scare everyone? I should put up a photo of me before I've had my morning coffee! LOL!

March 25, 2009 11:13 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Love the chaplet - thanks for the reminder.

March 25, 2009 11:29 AM  
Blogger Angela M. said...

Isn't just over 2 weeks before we start?

March 25, 2009 11:31 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angel Baby: Usually, Good Friday.

March 25, 2009 12:44 PM  
Blogger Argent said...

If I Tweet with the tongues of birds but have not Charity, I am but a sounding byte....

Thanks for the time reminder...Lent has flown by.

March 25, 2009 3:29 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Argent: Well stated, er, Tweeted!

March 25, 2009 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Cathy.

March 25, 2009 7:22 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Cathy - I had a wonderful time calling out my vile and creepy troll on my front page. Sometimes people just need to hear how ugly and sick they are.

Someone like that would never discourage me. Their bile just hits the trash can with a click of the reject button.

Considering the type of stuff this maniac sends (which never sees the light of day) it was very kindly worded.

March 25, 2009 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page