December 31, 2008

Pack It In

During these holidays, I have more time off work and I'm catching up on my reading. Prior to Christmas, I had a huge pile of reading to catch up on (like 4 months of This Rock among others).

I finally got around to reading the Holy Father's remarks during his Weekly General Audience on December 10, 2008.

The Holy Father manages to write, in one session, what I've been babbling about, most inarticulately, on this blog, for the last several days.

Read the English translation here

I'm so amazed and humbled at the wisdom of the Holy Father. Honestly, I should just pack up the blog and let The Expert do all the talking. I'll just listen and learn.

Maybe one day, God willing, I will actually get to hear the Holy Father speak in person. If he wants to read the Rome phone book, fine, I'll listen!

I'm amazed how anyone seriously thinks they can argue theology with this man. If you are going to engage the Holy Father in a theological discussion (to use a hockey analogy): You better bring a big bag of knuckes in front of the net!

8 Comments:

Blogger Angela M. said...

Happy New Year!

December 31, 2008 7:51 PM  
Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Yeah, happy new Year!

I've been reading some of His Holiness' books. They aren't hard to read, but they take LOTS of digesting. I've never come across anything like them: a brilliant, logical and scholarly thinker who happens to be a man of praye3r and a mystic.

An Anglican Friend of mine said "I hope h lives a long time, we need him."

December 31, 2008 8:14 PM  
Blogger Anna B. said...

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

December 31, 2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Redneck: Me too.

Angela and Anna! Happy New Year!

January 01, 2009 10:25 AM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

Cathy - he is awesome - I agree, I cannot understnd anyone who would think or say the Holy Father and his teaching is immature or out of date. I am sure that is why the press and his enemies distort every thing he says, placing words in his allocutions that were never there.

January 01, 2009 11:35 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Habemus Papam!
and Happy New Year!

January 01, 2009 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I generally hate to read theology.

But I agree that the Holy Father can sure write a sentence.

But his sentences are so thought provoking that it is rare that I read more than a paragraph before I have to stop and ponder.

What would be nice to have is an index to all his writings so that when I have a question, all I have to do is consult his index.

============

Why is it that Blogger just to tee me off askes me to identify myself so often. I've got so many passwords that it sometimes takes me 20 minutes to identify myself.

Sometimes I can't get into my own blog.

So I'm going to be anonymous until Blogger figures out who I am.

JCM knows who I am.

January 02, 2009 8:56 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Anon: Well, as long as you know who you are that's ok!

See you later this a.m.!

LJ!

January 03, 2009 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page