December 30, 2008

The Homeless

A continuation of my post from yesterday....

So, you decided to just walk away from all "organized" religion, now what? Paganism? New Age? The Church of Your Own Feelings? The Church of I Am My Own Magisterium?

You still feel homeless though don't you? I know. I've been there. I wondered alone for many years.

You feel, in your inmost soul, that you should be part of a community of believers but there isn't one that believes everything YOU do is there? Just as there may be no life partner who thinks exactly like you do, there may not be a church that does either.

And, so, you wonder alone. Part of no one and no thing.

You can call yourself "spiritual" but you are not sure that you are because there is no gauge in which to measure it except your own. You think you feel good about yourself because you are doing what you want and you are not hurting anyone, but you feel alone. You can't go into any church because then you'd be a liar. You left and rejected it so why are you still there? Why do you sneak back on occasion? Because I know that you do. I did. I crept around the fringes of the congregation like an escaped convict for many years.

You can't feel part of it, but you can't leave it either. Why? Meditate on the "why".

Is it REALLY because it's like a cultural thing or it's such a habit that you can't break away even though you want to? Are you sure about that?

Is it possible that we all, each of us, as children of God, have an innate instinct to be with our parent, with our family?

The head may want to walk away, but the soul can't.

Come Home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

OMGosh - this is perfect to send to my brother. Excellent!!!!!

December 30, 2008 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page