December 06, 2008

Book Meme

Mary Rose tagged me for this Book Meme sometime back..sorry!

Here's the rules (which of course I usually break!):

Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

The book closest to me is the Bible. Really. It's sitting right by my computer. Page 56 in my Bible is the Exodus passage where God tells Moses and Aaron to go to Pharaoh and advise him to let the people go free or else He will slay the firstborn of Egypt. We all know how that turned out. Well, you should know...you BETTER know.

What else is nearby....hmmm....Ah, yes...
The Retrial of Joan of Arc: Evidence for her Vindication by Regine Pernoud.Page 56 5th sentence and a few following:

"He was shown a copy of the text imprinted with his sign manual, and he recognized the signature, declaring that he had affixed his signature to this copy and certified its contents. He also recognized the signatures of Manchon and Boisguillaume. He declared that this text was composed in its present form a long time after Joan's death, but exactly when he did not know. I received ten francs for my pains and labors, although I had been told that I should get twenty. These ten francs were given to me by a certain Benedicite, but where the money came from I have no idea"--The evidence of Nicolas Taquel

I tag anyone who wants to participate! See, see, how I break the rules!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page